Concordia lawsuit for £292 million

Now I know this was a tragedy and that people died and there are still people missing but 6 people in the states have filed a £292 million pound lawsuit for compensation. Surely this is just showing the greed of people out for what they can get, what would they do with almost £49 million pounds each? People are certainly entitled to compensation but I think the claim is pure greed, the lawyer representing the passengers said his clients would never stop feeling the pain and suffering caused by the disaster off the Italian coast.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16158953

The lawyer representing the passengers said his clients would never stop feeling the pain and suffering caused by the disaster off the Italian coast.

If they'll never stop feeling the pain, what good will money do? Unless Total Recall or Eternal Sunshine is now a reality and carries a hefty price tag.

Now I know this was a tragedy and that people died and there are still people missing but 6 people in the states have filed a £292 million pound lawsuit for compensation. Surely this is just showing the greed of people out for what they can get, what would they do with almost £49 million pounds each? People are certainly entitled to compensation but I think the claim is pure greed, the lawyer representing the passengers said his clients would never stop feeling the pain and suffering caused by the disaster off the Italian coast.

The only people who should be heavily compensated are the families of those who were killed, in my opinion. Everyone else should only receive compensation for costs attributed to the sinking i.e. loss of clothing, earnings and what-nots.

Ah, the good old punitive damages ... "this company deserves to be fined an enormous amount, therefore you should award me the enormous amount in damages so that they have to pay it."

Why not go for 300 million..50 mill. each.. seems a much rounder figure.. :)

Theres ya problem:D

Its a difficult thing to put a price on, but what would you guys be happy with?

If it were me it would be the cash to make sure I wasn't out of pocket for the whole thing (lost clothes & possessions and any transport costs) and a free replacement holiday.

I'd probably agree with ... how these people can think it's worth 50 million I've idea...shyster lawyers eh?

Its a difficult thing to put a price on, but what would you guys be happy with?

If it were me it would be the cash to make sure I wasn't out of pocket for the whole thing (lost clothes & possessions and any transport costs) and a free replacement holiday.

Surely travel insurance should cover these costs?

As for compensation I would expect a payment commiserate to any injuries I suffered and to cover any ongoing medical costs.

jb

Archived