And people say its getting harder to get on the property ladder??

As this is auction property it doesn't mean it.will sell for £15k could be a lot more then there are all the added fees on top. Having never bought at auction I'm not quite sure what the in's and out's of it are. And not sure on mortgage implications either. What I found interesting is that is sounds like a Council property being sold off unless I misread that.bit and have got.it totally wrong.

No plans to live in it then.:D

Average price on that street is round £55k so I would imagine it will go for a bit more than the guide price at auction.

It might go for more, but as its auction its anyone's guess.

If it goes for below 30K thats alot of house for the money.

For 15k (guide price) you could net yourself this lovely property.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36724184.html

Is it really so hard to get on the property ladder??

I'm half tempted to snip it up myself, give it a lick of paint and rent it out for full HB.

Chem1st over to you......

In my day, a 55k house would get you a detached house in a decent area (that was 1997) and not a c*aphole in a cr*p area.

In 1997, if you wanted to live in something like that, you got paid to live there

A mate of mine lived on East Street in Dinno some years ago in a similar type house. As long as you have a car worth less than 15 quid and own a large dog like a Doberman, they are quite nice cosy little houses for a young couple to start off in.

15k?.... you could double your money by around 2025

What I found interesting is that is sounds like a Council property being sold off unless I misread that.bit and have got.it totally wrong.

It looks as though originally it was an old pit house..ie belonging to a private mine company in the days before the NCB..

Worst part of the worst end of Dinno. Enough said, really.

EDIT

A mate of mine lived on East Street in Dinno some years ago in a similar type house. As long as you have a car worth less than 15 quid and own a large dog like a Doberman, they are quite nice cosy little houses for a young couple to start off in.
Precisely :D

In my day, a 55k house would get you a detached house in a decent area (that was 1997) and not a c*aphole in a cr*p area.

In 1997, if you wanted to live in something like that, you got paid to live there

And just ten years before that £21K bought us a nice 3bed detached house, I feel for the young people of today.

Archived