London School of Economics brings back blasphemy

Then it's strange plekanov's unable despite repeated requests to justify this claim. His silence is confirmation for me that he's a racist, posting highly offensive sweeping generalisations in order to demonise people.

He could prove me wrong and explain his posts, can't think why he's unable to doso. :hihi:

But you've asked him to justify his "generalisations" about Muslims when he hasn't made any.

Pointing out the fact that scripture, of whatever Abrahamic flavour, has common teachings that discriminate against women and gays, is not in dispute. It is not "generalising" against Christians or Muslims, nor racist, for saying so.

I think you need to take your angry head off to bed and calm down a little bit.

No, first post of yours I've agreed with.

Seriously, your contention is that Islamist is synonymous with being anti-freedom, despite the Arab Spring? Don't you think that's a rather stupid and ignorant claim?

Islamists are vocal and strident in their condemnation of Syria, your comments are absurd and laughable.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/islamists-proud-to-condemn-syria

All I have to do to disprove that ridiculous claim is ask why you think Rachid al-Ghannouchi is anti-freedom when he stands on a platform that advocates freedom. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go away back to your BNP websites.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/12/07/181355.html

An eroneous rebuttal for many obvious reasons. For example he's clearly not an idealogical islamist but e muslim pragmatist. Which is great and good news for Tunisia. Just because the US or indeed al jazeera calls someone an islamist doesn't mean they are one.

Anyway, you clearly are a student gwant type so my interest in talking to you is over.

Seriously, your contention is that Islamist is synonymous with being anti-freedom, despite the Arab Spring? Don't you think that's a rather stupid and ignorant claim?

Islamists are vocal and strident in their condemnation of Syria, your comments are absurd and laughable.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/islamists-proud-to-condemn-syria

Actually my comments have no relevance to what you have just typed. How odd.

"All muslims are murderous scum!"

""What about this one?"

"Not him, he's not a proper muslim"

Mmmmmmkay.

eh? are you for real?

Why would you even put that up it doesn't help anything nor prove anything, its not a real view of anyone else's view nor a satirical swipe or has an ounce of comic effect it adds nothing to the conversation and if its a comedy reference ala 'life of brian' its not in context..

out

What "common Islamic Teachings" would they be?

You avoided the question. Again.

Teachings such as this:

"Sir, In light of the bizarre news that the Metropolitan Police is to �investigate� comments about homosexuality made by Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, (report, Jan 12) we, the undersigned, Imams and representatives of various British Muslim organisations, affirm that Sir Iqbal�s views faithfully reflected mainstream Islamic teachings.

The Koran and, we believe, the Bible, together with all the Prophets of God, up to and including Muhammad (peace be upon them all), taught that marriage should be between man and woman, not between people of the same sex. The practice of homosexuality is regarded as being sinful in Islam.

We are deeply concerned about the breakdown of basic family values and the undermining of the key institution of marriage in Britain today. All Britons, whether they are in favour of homosexuality or not, should be allowed to freely express their views in an atmosphere free of intimidation or bullying. We cannot claim to be a truly free and open society while we are trying to silence dissenting views.

HABIBUR RAHMAN

President, Islamic Forum

Europe

ABDUL HAMEED QURESHI

Lancashire Council of Mosques

MAWLANA ABDUL HADI UMRI,

Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith, Birmingham

MAWLANA RASHID RABBANI,

Jamiat-e-Ulama, Bradford

MAWLANA MUHAMMAD ADAM,

Bolton Council of Mosques

ABDUL KARIM GHEEWALA

Federation of Muslim Organisations, Leicestershire

MAWLANA BOSTAN QADRI,

Confederation of Sunni Mosques, Birmingham

IMA ABDUL QADIR BARKATULLAH

North Finchley Mosque, London

DR SUHAIB HASAN,

Islamic Shariah Council

MR ZAHIR BIRAWI,

Grand Mosque, Leeds

IMAM DR ABDUL JALIL SAJID,

Council of Mosques, London and Southern Counties

DR MUNIR AHMED,

Islamic Society of Britain

MR AHMED SHEIKH,

Muslim Association of Britain

MR IDRIS MEARS,

Association of Muslim Schools

DR ABDUL FATTAH SAEED,

Al Muntada al Islami, London

DR YUNES TEINAZ,

Regent's Park Mosque, London

DR HAFIZ AL-KARMI,

Mayfair Islamic Centre, London

MR ISMAIL PATEL,

Friends of al-Aqsa

DR MANAZIR AHSAN,

Islamic Foundation, Leicester

DR AHMAD HASAN,

World Federation of Khoja Shia Ithnasheri Muslim Community

MR MUNAWWAR RATTANSI,

Council of European Jamaats

MR YOUSUF BHAILOK,

Former Secretary-General, The Muslim Council of Britain"

Spindrift you seem to like accusing people of "ducking" things yet you seem to have a habit of doing exactly this yourself. For example whist you seem to think it unreasonable for atheists to criticise Orthodox Judaism's teachings regarding women yet you've been markedly reluctant to tell us what you think about the following passage in the Koran which seems to say unkind things about all Jews:

5:12 Allah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains, and Allah said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor-due, and believe in My messengers and support them, and lend unto Allah a kindly loan, surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. Whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a plain road.

5:13 And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.

Archived