London School of Economics brings back blasphemy

One member of the Facebook group urged other members to sign in order “to speak up against religious fascism.” In a comment on an article posted on the wall entitled “Orthodox Judaism treats women like filthy little things”

http://thebeaveronline.co.uk/2012/01/24/complaints-filed-over-muhammad-cartoons/

You see nothing wrong with this?

5:12 Allah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains, and Allah said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor-due, and believe in My messengers and support them, and lend unto Allah a kindly loan, surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. Whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a plain road.

5:13 And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.

You see nothing wrong in this?

Yep, you could do that if you really wanted.

What you probably shouldn't do is post the cartoons on your own student society webpage, thereby breaching the university's code on respect and inclusion.

"The LSE Students' Union would like to reiterate that we strongly condemn and stand against any form of racism and discrimination on campus. The offensive nature of the content on the Facebook page is not in accordance with our values of tolerance, diversity, and respect for all students regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religious affiliation. There is a special need in a Students' Union to balance freedom of speech and to ensure access to all aspects of the LSESU for all the ethnic and religious minority communities that make up the student body at the LSE."

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/01/lse-students-union-being-manipulated-by-determined-activists-over-mohammed-cartoon

that is the definition of a 'contradiction in terms' they are discriminating against the views of one in favour of another.

So you don't have any evidence then, you're just making stuff up as you go along, gotcha.

Read the links. Find out what was posted befoire you defend it.

Is depicting Mo as liking the occasional beer more or less "offensive" than common Islamic teachings about the relative value of men and women and what should happen to homosexuals?

There we go again, ascribing the views of extremists to all muslims. Why are you telling lies about muslims in order to demonise them, it's as racist as saying "Black people are often rapists". Pig ignorant and deliberately offensive.

Read the links. Find out what was posted befoire you defend it.

As I pointed out to you, & you dishonestly edited out of the text you quoted I've been a reader of Jesus & Mo for years.

There we go again, ascribing the views of extremists to all muslims. Why are you telling lies about muslims in order to demonise them, it's as racist as saying "Black people are often rapists". Pig ignorant and deliberately offensive.

Liar, I clearly said "common Islamic teachings" which is in no way ascribing the views of Bin Laden or similar to all Muslims.

Why don't you try honesty for a moment and respond to what people actually post?

As I pointed out to you, & you dishonestly edited out of the text you quoted I've been a reader of Jesus & Mo for years.

Liar, I clearly said "common Islamic teachings" which is in no way ascribing the views of Bin Laden or similar to all Muslims.

Why don't you try honesty for a moment and respond to what people actually post?

What "common Islamic Teachings" would they be?

You avoided the question. Again.

Why are you defending the allegation that jews treat women as "filthy things"?

Archived