Vehicles powered by water

911wasalie

A few years ago I read about a bloke running his car on Hydrogen so I built a hydrogen generator which is simply two coils of stainless steel wire in a bottle of water and connect one wire to the neg. terminal and the other to pos. of a lead acid battery or any low voltage D.C. source and the water will start bubbling. The large bubbles are Hydrogen the small ones Oxygen.

I kicked the preject into touch because of more urgent ones but I've now started looking into the project.

Anybody know anything about it. I was told the Hydrogen affects the aluminium in the engine.

I have always remember a story I heard in the 1960's, that a system of running cars on water had been developed but the system was bought by one of the big oil company's and destroyed. Not sure whether I had read this or was told about it. It would be very useful in these days of high fuel cost.

If sure given the incentive (like oil running out) they could develop engines that ran on water, or even fresh air. I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has already done it. But because of oil and motor manufacturers 'vested' interests (and govenments acually via taxation) they've never been allowed to surface.

A few years ago I read about a bloke running his car on Hydrogen so I built a hydrogen generator which is simply two coils of stainless steel wire in a bottle of water and connect one wire to the neg. terminal and the other to pos. of a lead acid battery or any low voltage D.C. source and the water will start bubbling. The large bubbles are Hydrogen the small ones Oxygen.

I kicked the preject into touch because of more urgent ones but I've now started looking into the project.

Anybody know anything about it. I was told the Hydrogen affects the aluminium in the engine.

How are you going to capture the hydrogen and put it into the car?

In commercial use it's cryogenically chilled and compressed and then stored in very complex fuel tanks that can store a large amount of it without requiring high pressure and low temperatures.

If sure given the incentive (like oil running out) they could develop engines that ran on water, or even fresh air. I'm pretty sure someone somewhere has already done it. But because of oil and motor manufacturers 'vested' interests (and govenments acually via taxation) they've never been allowed to surface.

Don't be ridiculous.

Don't be ridiculous.

Why ridiculous? How would you know? Just because you don't know of anything like it, it doesn't mean it's not possible!

Imagine someone inventing an engine that can run on fresh air! All that revenue and taxation gone in a flash! Think about it!

Ridiculous because to run an engine of some kind you need a release of energy and water is a low energy state for hydrogen and oxygen.

There's a reason it's everywhere and a reason it doesn't explode when a spark lands in it. It's got no more energy to release by converting to another form.

I'd know because I have a basic level of education.

Imagine that your car was towed by unicorns who didn't need to eat and could grant you wishes. Just because you can imagine it doesn't mean it's possible.

Ridiculous because to run an engine of some kind you need a release of energy and water is a low energy state for hydrogen and oxygen.

There's a reason it's everywhere and a reason it doesn't explode when a spark lands in it. It's got no more energy to release by converting to another form.

I'd know because I have a basic level of education.

Imagine that your car was towed by unicorns who didn't need to eat and could grant you wishes. Just because you can imagine it doesn't mean it's possible.

All hail the master who knows all. I bow to your obviously superior intellect!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh and keep your personal insults to yourself!!!!!! :rant::rant:

Surely the energy costs of separating the hydrogen and oxygen (from being in such a stable molecule as water) and then separating the gasses and storing them in order for them to be used again will outweigh the energy gained by allowing them to become water again, which is what in effect burning the hydrogen does?

It's one thing taking a tank of hydrogen and running a car on it and another completely trying to include the hydrogen generating machinery within the car to separate the hydrogen out from water all within the same system.

Archived