What do 1 million unemployed 18/24 year olds think?

Are they are simply idle? No

Do they see foreigners who are already qualified taking their jobs? No

Do they like living with mum and dad? Definitely not, I love them dearly but I would prefer my own space

Are jobs available for them? No, there are jobs but obviously not enough.

How soon could they get their own place if they worked hard? Is there even an answer to that?

Have they given up? No and yes. No I've not given up looking, but yes I have given up the positivity that something may come along soon.

If they worked really hard would they make it? Probably not.

Do they like the prospect of having to work well into their seventies? Definitely not, that's half the problem.

Is life easier or harder for them than it was for their parents? The same, I'd say.

Consecutive governments have destroyed job security. Could they take on 25 years mortgage on that basis? Most people I know, couldn't get a mortgage, and even the ones with well paid jobs struggle.

My guess is that they think that the last generation or two "sold them down the river" Not really.

I could not disagree with that.:)

I've answered all your questions, now I'll either get abused or something along those lines.

Now my question is, why do you ask? You're obviously up to something.

Oh, and I'm 22 and a half. So in your age range.

why is it always 18-24 year olds?

why does everything stop, and everyone stop caring from 25+?

i'm 29 and in a worse position than most 18-24 year olds, i'm SLOWLY getting myself back to where I need to/wan't to be, but it's taking forever, and is so much of a struggle..

i'm 29 and in a worse position than most 18-24 year olds, i'm SLOWLY getting myself back to where I need to/wan't to be, but it's taking forever, and is so much of a struggle..

Why do you think your in a worse situation than 18 - 24 year olds? I actually really hate it when people say that. It's the same for everyone, regardless of age. Most people 18+ have moved out of their family homes and are therefore in the same situation as everyone in this country.

I feel sorry for school leavers if anyone, I remember really struggling to get a job when I left school because nobody would take you on without experience.

Are they are simply idle? No

Do they see foreigners who are already qualified taking their jobs? No

Do they like living with mum and dad? Definitely not, I love them dearly but I would prefer my own space

Are jobs available for them? No, there are jobs but obviously not enough.

How soon could they get their own place if they worked hard? Is there even an answer to that?

Have they given up? No and yes. No I've not given up looking, but yes I have given up the positivity that something may come along soon.

If they worked really hard would they make it? Probably not.

Do they like the prospect of having to work well into their seventies? Definitely not, that's half the problem.

Is life easier or harder for them than it was for their parents? The same, I'd say.

Consecutive governments have destroyed job security. Could they take on 25 years mortgage on that basis? Most people I know, couldn't get a mortgage, and even the ones with well paid jobs struggle.

My guess is that they think that the last generation or two "sold them down the river" Not really.

I could not disagree with that.:)

I've answered all your questions, now I'll either get abused or something along those lines.

Now my question is, why do you ask? You're obviously up to something.

Oh, and I'm 22 and a half. So in your age range.

I am older than you. I feel that it was easier for my generation than yours. Thank you for answering my questions . I am not up to anything but would like to understand. I do feel that some younger people have had the chips stacked so heavily against them, that they have given up hope.

We must find a way to introduce hope into their lives. It is our duty to the young.

I can understand that argument. I focus on 18 to 24 year olds because so many of them cannot even get a foot on the first rung of the ladder. At 29 most people have had experience and so should find it easier, or am I wrong in saying that?

Bless. Was you never young? Bet you was annoying people with your Sony Walkman :)

I had a Brixton briefcase if you want to know. A massive JVC quad speaker 250wpc ..

Theres mud in yer eye, an bass in ya face :D:D

Used to breakdance in the hole in the road every Saturday.

Then I discovered Uni and drugs ....

Didnt move much unless it was really necessary ;)

I had a Brixton briefcase if you want to know. A massive JVC quad speaker 250wpc ..

Theres mud in yer eye, an bass in ya face :D:D

Used to breakdance in the hole in the road every Saturday.

Then I discovered Uni and drugs ....

Didnt move much unless it was really necessary ;)

I had to Google 'Brixton briefcase'. :hihi:

I have my Brixton briefcase, from across the pond

London's burning, but the beat the goes on

Feel my power, the electrical life

Real rude boys, own the town tonight

And we don't need no fighting, all these beautiful birds around

The liquor touch like lightning, as soon as the sun goes down

Turn it on

Oh, turn it on

Turn it on

Oh, turn it on

Ta! :P