Nottingham House- Opinions

cathallangan

Quiz night will be on a sunday me thinks!! Hoping to have some little games to go with it, nothing serious, just stuff for a bit of banter more than anything.

Am in the process of trying to get bands signed up to play, think got a few sorted for first couple of months, highway child, tempertons, maia, hopefully dexter dexterous and the fingersmiths, funky francis and the presidents, jacks rake and flutatious will all get arranged in the not too distant future, plus a few extra. want to keep the music fun and enjoyable.

Open mic is a consideration, keep toing and frowing from it! I was often there for the open mics before, and yes cax is the right spelling.

Wifi will be installed, and have to do a little research into coffee machines, but that has been my intention.

Still loving the feedback of what people have liked and disliked in the past there. Definately think there will be many more fun filled nights to come!!

Quiz night will be on a sunday me thinks!! Hoping to have some little games to go with it, nothing serious, just stuff for a bit of banter more than anything.

Am in the process of trying to get bands signed up to play, think got a few sorted for first couple of months, highway child, tempertons, maia, hopefully dexter dexterous and the fingersmiths, funky francis and the presidents, jacks rake and flutatious will all get arranged in the not too distant future, plus a few extra. want to keep the music fun and enjoyable.

Open mic is a consideration, keep toing and frowing from it! I was often there for the open mics before, and yes cax is the right spelling.Wifi will be installed, and have to do a little research into coffee machines, but that has been my intention.

Still loving the feedback of what people have liked and disliked in the past there. Definately think there will be many more fun filled nights to come!!

Tell him hello from the big man if you see him, he should be able to work out who it is......

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see someone has saved the Notty :) I used to go a lot but haven't done so in the last year or so for one reason or another.

Live music would be good, rock/indie/alternative always seem to draw a crowd. I love 80s music, so maybe *theme* nights, or tribute bands could be good? For those of a certain age ;) (myself included!). Tribute bands can be fun, and now that the Boardwalk has deceased....

Nice drinks - fruit beers, flavoured ciders, rums, oh yes!

Myself and my partner had our first date in (and visit to) The Notty about 2 & 1/2 years ago, and we'll be coming down tonight to check it out!

Good luck with it :)

we used to go on pie sundays, if you can give the place a refurb and bring back the pies you'll have 2 very happy customers.

The previous land lord did little to change the place, and they sold up within a few months, I really hope you last longer than they did!

Previous posters are correct, Broomhill isn't 'as' busy with students these days, but its fair to say the one's who are around don't all want carling on tap and sky sports news on TV.

If you look at the really popular places in the area like the newly refurbed York, you wont see these things, instead they have nice, comfy, cosy interiors with good food and a great range of ale.

I wish you all the best.

Hey there,

The doors are now open, and I won't lie, it is a work in progess as far as decorations go, but we'll get there.

Hopefully have my curtains up by the end of the week, which should add some more warmth to the place.

Feedback from customers so far has been positive, I think the main thing is that it feels more like a pub again than it did under the last crowd.

Hopefully, baring any unforseen problems the original notty pies should be up and running by this weekend, which I know will make quite a few people happy.

Also got my first dj on this friday, nothing heavy, just fun upbeat music.

Then first band on saturday. Highway child are the act, a 7 piece soul funk and blues band based here in sheffield, so that should hopefully get a few in and I think it will be a really fun night.

Did the first quiz on sunday just gone, and had a few teams in. Something that just has to be built up. Will be doing play your cards right after the quiz this sunday which will hopefully be a bit of a laugh.

All in all not a bad starting point after the first week of being open. Still lots to do, and seem to keep producing list after list.

All fun though

Thanks again for all replies, and will keep you all updated on how things are going, and hopefully see you in there!

Archived