Tax Payers lose £900M as investors fear political interference with RBS

Hey Liz, Is there any coincidence you typed this from a tax haven perchance?

:)

This isn't the Cayman Islands so I don't think the San Juan Islands are a tax haven. They are just a group of little islands a few miles from the mainland between Vancouver and Seattle. My father works as a broker in both cities and commutes on the local ferries.

Although it might be nice to declare UDI.

I was just posting a few facts that people seem to have missed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=ako1SQJd_VSM

Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- More than 1,000 investment bankers have quit Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc to join rival firms since the government began clamping down on bonuses this year, the Sunday Times reported, citing unidentified banking sources.

While traders and corporate financiers accounted for less than 5 percent of staff in the bank’s investment division, they are estimated to have earned between 600 million pounds to 700 million pounds last year, or nearly 8 percent of its 2008 income, according to the Times. RBS is a recipient of the government’s bank bailout.

This isn't the Cayman Islands so I don't think the San Juan Islands are a tax haven. They are just a group of little islands a few miles from the mainland between Vancouver and Seattle. My father works as a broker in both cities and commutes on the local ferries.

Although it might be nice to declare UDI.

I was just posting a few facts that people seem to have missed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=ako1SQJd_VSM

Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- More than 1,000 investment bankers have quit Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc to join rival firms since the government began clamping down on bonuses this year, the Sunday Times reported, citing unidentified banking sources.

While traders and corporate financiers accounted for less than 5 percent of staff in the bank’s investment division, they are estimated to have earned between 600 million pounds to 700 million pounds last year, or nearly 8 percent of its 2008 income, according to the Times. RBS is a recipient of the government’s bank bailout.

As ive stated already Liz. This is wonderful news. We wont have to pay them stupid redundancy payments now. :)

As ive stated already Liz. This is wonderful news. We wont have to pay them stupid redundancy payments now. :)

That's a real cool way of kissing goodbye to $100 billion. We clearly have to work harder for our green than you guys.

That's a real cool way of kissing goodbye to $100 billion. We clearly have to work harder for our green than you guys.

Erm....we have already thrown £45 billion at it, and that doesnt include Quantative Easing. We will never see any return from this. It needs winding down.

Its a bit like Greece.... keep throwing money at it, but dont expect to see a return.

Erm....we have already thrown £45 billion at it, and that doesnt include Quantative Easing. We will never see any return from this. It needs winding down.

Its a bit like Greece.... keep throwing money at it, but dont expect to see a return.

That's right. It was the world's largest bank a couple of years ago when you bought most of it. The buildings haven't devalued. It is just the core business that is dropping in value. It has halved in value whilst the rest of the stock market has risen 5%. The value of a financial business is its key people and not a few bricks or a computer. These guys know people and when they move on they take the business with them. Still $100 billion is barely 15% of your tax revenue, so the loss can easily be recovered.;)

That's right. It was the world's largest bank a couple of years ago when you bought most of it. The buildings haven't devalued. It is just the core business that is dropping in value. It has halved in value whilst the rest of the stock market has risen 5%. The value of a financial business is its key people and not a few bricks or a computer. These guys know people and when they move on they take the business with them. Still $100 billion is barely 15% of your tax revenue, so the loss can easily be recovered.;)

Hey Liz, if these "guys" as you call them, want to take a few of those gold plated deals they put together with them, this is music to my ears. Can you ask them to take the CDS's, the rehypothecations, and those wonderful triple A bond deals they did?

Maybe then our lose will be less. :)

RBS is closing all of its "investment arms" and becoming once again a high street branch. If staff leave, thats brilliant........the tax payer wont have to pick up the redundancy payments aswell.

Hoorah!

Because £45bn is nothing compared to a few redundancy payments :loopy:

I despair for this country.

Ever heard of cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Archived