Vocational Course no longer count towards school league tables.

It seems a little unfair to me and as though the government are trying to make life as difficult as they can for schools. 3000 course have been devalued.

Learning to be a Nail Technician may not be LSE standard but there will always be a need for nail technicians. So it must be worthwhile.

It depends if it's at the cost of more worthy subjects the students can't be bothered to do because it's "boring".

I think many of these courses were set up to take the problem kids out of the regular subjects, which does improve things for those wanting to learn and having it disrupted by the dregs.

It seems a little unfair to me and as though the government are trying to make life as difficult as they can for schools. 3000 course have been devalued.

Learning to be a Nail Technician may not be LSE standard but there will always be a need for nail technicians. So it must be worthwhile.

I suppose the gov, is just trying to close a loophole where schools can 'fiddle' the league tables. I don't suppose it will work though, cos they'll just find another way. It's like closing tax loopholes, it doesn't matter what they do some clever sod will always find a way around it!

I think the fad for nails will pass rather like fake tans as people become less narcissistic,and more prudent in their personal spending.It is a vocation skill ith very specific skills and likely to lead to ultimate obsolescence.

It depends if it's at the cost of more worthy subjects the students can't be bothered to do because it's "boring".

I think many of these courses were set up to take the problem kids out of the regular subjects, which does improve things for those wanting to learn and having it disrupted by the dregs.

Were you a disruptive dreg?You should not limit your comments to views based on your own experience.Are you suggesting that kids with little interest in Homer and Nelson are a problem?

I think the fad for nails will pass rather like fake tans as people become less narcissistic,and more prudent in their personal spending.It is a vocation skill ith very specific skills and likely to lead to ultimate obsolescence.

Its a current skill that's needed and people are willing to pay for. It seems young people can't win. Either they are unprepared for work or their qualifications are discredited...

Archived