Groupon - a GOOD story from Shimul

Scozzie

I have been eating out quite a bit due to Groupon and Living Social vouchers.

I've only had 1 bad experience where the wording of the voucher was misleading and ending up costing our party of 4 a LOT of money at the end of the meal.

Well, I bought a voucher for an Indian restaurant at Meadowhead and we went to redeem it last night wih a couple of friends.

I was SOOOO embarrassed when the voucher was rejected.

Grrrrrr to Groupon, I said. Grrr, Groupon, Grrrr!!!

My O/H and I, and our friends ended up staying and we had a great meal, great chats and great company while the guys at the restaurant worked on the voucher issue.

The outcome was a positive one and the guys were great about it.

Not only great food, but the customer service was fantastic too. we'll definitely be going back there.

In the end, I have to thank Groupon for introducing me to a lovely place to eat - along with Orchid Thai on London Road and the Milestone for Brunch. :thumbsup:

Next up - Parthalonas on London Road.

I buy the restaurant vouchers to been to cubana, noodle one, mama and leonies, italian kitchen, Parthalonas orchid thai and a couple of others. Parthalonas was the best i've been to i reckon. Was so full after so enjoy...

Orchid Thai has come on again, so I'll be getting that.

Probably go to Parthalonas in the next week or two as well.

I have been eating out quite a bit due to Groupon and Living Social vouchers.

I've only had 1 bad experience where the wording of the voucher was misleading and ending up costing our party of 4 a LOT of money at the end of the meal.

Well, I bought a voucher for an Indian restaurant at Meadowhead and we went to redeem it last night wih a couple of friends.

I was SOOOO embarrassed when the voucher was rejected.

Grrrrrr to Groupon, I said. Grrr, Groupon, Grrrr!!!

My O/H and I, and our friends ended up staying and we had a great meal, great chats and great company while the guys at the restaurant worked on the voucher issue.

The outcome was a positive one and the guys were great about it.

Not only great food, but the customer service was fantastic too. we'll definitely be going back there.

In the end, I have to thank Groupon for introducing me to a lovely place to eat - along with Orchid Thai on London Road and the Milestone for Brunch. :thumbsup:

Next up - Parthalonas on London Road.

Why was your voucher rejected ?

Great news when it works correctly.

Groupon does some stuff brilliantly (Loads of people into new places) and some stuff poorly (Which can be very costly for the company). They can afford to make mistakes though, which helps. We set up our business initially to give businesses a better deal using a Groupon deals model. It's hard, but we are a year old in a week so were getting there.

In fairness to the first restaurant, the mistake probably wont have been theirs as they wont have gotten to check the advert before Groupon sent it live.

Groupon does have some fantastic restaurant deals. I think they have 3 or 4 sales reps in Sheffield which helps.

i have one for this place too, what was the problem?

ta

that isn't really important. The main thing was that we went to a restaurant we'd never noticed before, they sorted everything for us and we had a wonderful meal and we'll be back for certain.

that isn't really important. The main thing was that we went to a restaurant we'd never noticed before, they sorted everything for us and we had a wonderful meal and we'll be back for certain.

Ah ok so if we go with our voucher it will be accepted ?

Archived