Polite message to people on public transport with holdalls..

For those of you who use public transport and have to carry a holdall or rucksack (or even just a large handbag), PLEASE, PLEASE remove it from your shoulder if you have to stand in the aisle!!

I know there is limited space (and sometimes no space) to put your bags, but as you swing about trying to nosy at what's going on around you, some poor soul sitting behind you is getting pelted in the face with your baggage.

I almost had my eye taken out this morning by a bloke carrying a massive holdall over his shoulder (the type with studs on the bottom). He was totally oblivious and while I'm sure he would have apologised if I'd spoken up, I was in a lousy mood already and didn't dare open my mouth.

Sorry for the pointless rant, but it's just been one of those days!

I find that the worst offenders are bus drivers,presumably going off shift.

They all pile onto the 32 bus at the bus station,festooned with large rucksacks,sometimes five or six of them take up the whole of the front of the bus,just to go half a mile to Olive Grove.

For those of you who use public transport and have to carry a holdall or rucksack (or even just a large handbag), PLEASE, PLEASE remove it from your shoulder if you have to stand in the aisle!!

I know there is limited space (and sometimes no space) to put your bags, but as you swing about trying to nosy at what's going on around you, some poor soul sitting behind you is getting pelted in the face with your baggage.

I almost had my eye taken out this morning by a bloke carrying a massive holdall over his shoulder (the type with studs on the bottom). He was totally oblivious and while I'm sure he would have apologised if I'd spoken up, I was in a lousy mood already and didn't dare open my mouth.

Have you left a comment on the,"why do people look so mardy on the bus?" thread?

I'm guessing your a woman. One whom occasionally uses an umbrella.

We men use our holdalls filled with cheap supermarket goods to get revenge for being poked in face/eye :hihi:

Reading this back I sound like a woman on the edge!! I normally try and smile on the bus and even chat with the old dears who insist on telling you how old they are, and I always offer my seat to someone who needs it but I was really grumpy this morning!

Oh, and I try to buy coats with hoods so I don't have to mess about with brollies, so nerrr! :D

Archived