Car smells of cigarettes, any suggestions?

Hi, I bought a car the other week and it absolutely stinks of cigarettes, I've tried air freshners, neutradol, febreze and also had it valeted today but still smells the same, any suggestions before I pour a big bottle of jeyes fluid inside? Only joking of course:thumbsup:

I know it might sound a silly question, but didn't you notice it before you bought the car? (genuine question) I know if it offended me that much I probably woouldn't have bought it.

But I suppose if it was a bargain in every other respect, I might have thought I could get rid of it easily.

You could try an car air con deodorizer- windows up, blowers on recirculate, set the spray can going and leave for 15 mins- although I tried one to rid my air con of a foul smell and it didnt work! Hope this helps!

PS If anybody knows how to rid my air con of a smelly feet smell please let me know.

Hi, I bought a car the other week and it absolutely stinks of cigarettes, I've tried air freshners, neutradol, febreze and also had it valeted today but still smells the same, any suggestions before I pour a big bottle of jeyes fluid inside? Only joking of course:thumbsup:

did they totally clean out the ashtray?

deep steam clean all the upholstery and clean all the glass and plastics, every inch.

go for a drive with the windows open.

then use fabreeze and get a (new car) scented air freshener.

i dont smoke, but when i fart in the car, it lingers for days. same when i eat takeaways in there.

I know it might sound a silly question, but didn't you notice it before you bought the car? (genuine question) I know if it offended me that much I probably woouldn't have bought it.

But I suppose if it was a bargain in every other respect, I might have thought I could get rid of it easily.

When we went to view it and take it for a test drive we didn't notice it, so he may have sprayed it with something before hand, it's a nice car and that's why we bought it, thanks

When we went to view it and take it for a test drive we didn't notice it, so he may have sprayed it with something before hand, it's a nice car and that's why we bought it, thanks

A crafty salesman then!....Oh well....I think a complete inside valet is the only answer, and emphasise the requirement to rid it of the smell...Those people seem to have far better chemicals than us mere mortals!...Good luck ;)

Edit: I just noticed your post: You've had it valeted! How odd it's still there?

Archived