Car smells of cigarettes, any suggestions?

One of the car wash places that shampoos seats and the roof. The one on Burngreave Road, just after Kiltion Hill is good. The 10quid mini vallet is usually more than enough but this sound like it needs the full treatment. They do a £25 quid one, tell them what you want the seats and roof shampooing because of the smell. They are really good.

Genuine question...why would regassing do any good? The gas never comes into contact with the air that's blown into the car..in much the same way that the gas in your fridge never comes into contact with the food you have in there..

Strictly speaking I'm not sure that you do- on hygiene grounds a change of filters and an interior pipe clean is sufficient.

I'm just quoting the recommendations that I received when I was looking in to how I could stop the smell in one of the cars I used to have, which is a full filter change and pipe clean every year with a regas every 2 years.

lol, no, but before I gave up smoking 10 years ago, the house did have an "Eau-de-Ashtray" pong, but the fridge often whiffed of strong cheeses or vegetables and occasionally strongly spiced foods, abd the bicarb worked a treat.

But if you smoked you wouldnt have smelt it

Maybe as already stated, you ought to have bought a "non smoking car" they are available if you are prepared to look around.

On a lighter note, stick 2 kippers in the heater vents, after a week I guarentee it will not smell of fag smoke, but it "may" smell of decomposing kippers.

Angel.

Strictly speaking I'm not sure that you do- on hygiene grounds a change of filters and an interior pipe clean is sufficient.

I'm just quoting the recommendations that I received when I was looking in to how I could stop the smell in one of the cars I used to have, which is a full filter change and pipe clean every year with a regas every 2 years.

Thansk for advice. Any ideas how much for the filter change and pipe clean?

I was quoted £50 or thereabouts (3 years ago) from a number of places for a full clean, filter change and complementary regas. The regas by itself was £29, so overall that's not a bad deal.

In the end I didn't take it up as someone nicked the car before I got round to doing anything.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-Car-Ozone-Ionizer-Air-Purifier-Generator-Mini-W-/160673395108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2568e171a4#ht_4356wt_895

Also, these ozone generator things are supposed to be really good. It's just an air purifier.

Oh and you shouldn't be in the car while it's being used, I don't know why though..

Quite possibly because if it does what it's name suggests it might do.. and create Ozone, then it wouldn't be too beneficial to your wellbeing as Ozone is a toxic gas..

Archived