Brighton & Hove Bus Co - 'babe' Row !

it isn't the words but the tone/inference that is the issue

Most John Lewis assistants are capable of issuing a very polite 'thank you madam' in a tone which suggests you should crawl back from under the stone you normally live under - so what's the solution? We can't legislate for the tone of voice people choose to use, but trying to remove terms of familiarity/friendliness from our language just drives wedges between us

I can't imagine why anyone would call you duck. If they should just stick to the facts and call people as they are then in future you should only be referred to as a miserable cow.:D
If this forum had a quote of the month competition - I'd vote for this one :hihi: :hihi: :clap: :clap:

Only the ugly ones though.

Its always the ugly ones who kick off at stuff like this.

Its probably because no one would ever call these munters love, darling or babes instead refering to them as Fella, mate and Geezer.

Its not their fault really, they cant help being bitter.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Babe, love, darling - what gives you the right to call someone darling?

A shop assistant called me a duck as she gave me my change, she said "there you go duck"

I'm not a flipping duck who the hell does that person think they are? and "there you go?" where do I go? when I asked "where should I go?" she was dumbfounded and puzzled.

"there you go duck?"

I presume Blades indicates you to be a United fan. I can understand why you're so miserable.:hihi:

Archived