Hospital recommends an extra person there, why?

Hubby had a phone call asking him to go in for tests tomorrow. They asked him to bring an extra person with him, but wouldn't say why? Anyone know? I initially thought maybe something that will prevent him from being able to drive home, but they never specified a driver? Obviously getting a bit worried now?

Hubby had a phone call asking him to go in for tests tomorrow. They asked him to bring an extra person with him, but wouldn't say why? Anyone know? I initially thought maybe something that will prevent him from being able to drive home, but they never specified a driver? Obviously getting a bit worried now?

What are they testing him for?

Has he also been asked not to eat in the morning before hand? If so it's likely he'll be given sedation, something like midazolam. They often give this for e.g. endoscopies.

The effects are that he might feel fine, drive home but won't remember how he go there. If it is midazolam you are not supposed to drive and it can also affect judgement.

He's having allsorts at the mo, he's had an ECG and and MRI, I think this one is at the chest clinic although not entirely sure.

I've not attended any of the other appts as he prefers to go himself, and the timing has been awkward with our three children and school times.

They've not mentioned anything about not eating / drinking etc.

He's having allsorts at the mo, he's had an ECG and and MRI, I think this one is at the chest clinic although not entirely sure.

I've not attended any of the other appts as he prefers to go himself, and the timing has been awkward with our three children and school times.

They've not mentioned anything about not eating / drinking etc.

There is no reason to avoid eating for MRI and ECG. I can only guess they want someone with him just in case he is admitted. I'd have a word with the hospital and see what they say :)

Archived