Las Iguanas restaurant in town - anyone been?

mrsfrogspeed

I went. but it was about two years ago so don't know if its much better now.

It was rubbish, i'm not a food snob it was just a lunch and we went in thinking give it a go, but like i said we really didnt enjoy it.

May be better now but thats just my personal opinion :)

I went about a year ago. It's a bog standard chain restaurant, nothing remarkably good or bad about it. The service was average, no one I was with complained about their food but it didn't set anyone's world alight either. I'd lump it with Strada, Piccolino, Zizzi and their ilk

I have had nothing but average to poor experiences there. The last time I went, there was some 'issue' in the kitchen. After we gave our order, it took them 25 mins to tell me that they could not make one of the things that I had ordered. So, I made an alternative choice. A further 25 mins later the food appeared....not very hot. When the bill came, they had still charged me for the original meal I had ordered, and were put out when I told them that the meal that they had actually served was considerably less. No apologies. No compensation. No interest. Considering there were only a total of five people in the restaurant at the time, I thought the service was pretty diabolical, to say the least. This is not the first time I have been less than impressed, and certainy won't be returning. They have had their chances, and not impressed on any of those occasions.

It's very average and there are far better places in town to meet friends. Try The Wick at Both Ends, the Great Gatsby or The Old House and you'll get much better food, with a better price tag too!

If you fancy something a bit different, then East One Noodle Bar in West One is good, as are both Harmony (Westfield Terrace) and Orient Express (Glossop Rd) and they're in the same areas of town as Las Iguanas.

Or you could try the new (ish) Turkish restaurant on Glossop Road (Efes I think it is).

Essentially just make your way to an independent.....

I went a couple of weeks ago for a birthday and it was average. The cocktails were on a 241 offer, but they weren't amazing, and the food didn't blow any of us away.

If you want a quality Mexican, I'd suggest Amigos - a bit further out of town on London Road but the food is fresh and tasty, and they have a BYOB policy too.

We went on Saturday as it my birthday. Very busy as usual. Pleasant staff but we think the food is not what it was. Example, fajitas made with overcooked steak were so tough, my lamb dish came out over five minutes before the other dishes so was stone cold when I got to eat it - and it was very mediocre. We tried to order coffee with amaretto but they didn't have any so they sold me a hazlenut coffee at the extortionate price of £4.80 (normal size coffee cup). I guess they are trying to squeeze a higher profit margin but generally the result is poorer food/portions. Shame as I like the buzz in there BUT will not return until I hear better reviews. We did have a chat with the manager as it is only fair to let him know we were not happy, but nothing was done about it.

We have eaten there for the last 4 years but this was a defnite downturn.

If you like 'good' food then I would try somewhere else; however if you like a buzz and mediocre food (and don't mind paying a fair bit for it) go.

Archived