Going back to the gym

Originally posted by DaBouncer

And I'd say that pre excercise is when you need your carbs most.

Protein is better after your excersise to rejouvinate(sp?) the muscles.

However she was on about losing weight and not building muscle... so i recommend low carbs for this.

I think I'll try that ... stocking up on 'fuel' before exercise ...

I do circuit training quite a bit ... and half the time I feel like I'm running on empty !! ... and end the class in totaly exhastion.

I actually did essays on all this sports nutrition stuff ... but a few years ago and my memory is shocking ......

the atkins diet is suicide, if you really new anything about nutrition would you be on that, ??nope.

id agree if you want to build muscle mass protien after a workout (to get bigger muscles your muscles have to rip then heal rip then heal and protien helps speed this up.)

if not sensible diet, wholegrain foods, plenty of cardio along with light weights high reps to tone your muscles.

Originally posted by tombodojoj

the atkins diet is suicide, if you really new anything about nutrition would you be on that, ??nope.

id agree if you want to build muscle mass protien after a workout (to get bigger muscles your muscles have to rip then heal rip then heal and protien helps speed this up.)

if not sensible diet, wholegrain foods, plenty of cardio along with light weights high reps to tone your muscles.

Actually the Atkins diet is the basic human food we consumed long before processed carbs took over the food market.

It's not suicide at all, but to each their own as they say!

Archived