What are your favourite beers?

Abbeydale Moonshine

Farmer's Blonde

Any Thornbridge Ale

Foster's (the Australian stuff)

Black Sheep Ale

Magnet

Stones'

The only local brew I wasn't keen on was the original Wards' Bitter, I like Bitter but Wards' was a bit TOO bitter for my taste.

Where do you think you might have encountered (the Australian stuff)?

A good read

http://www.epinions.com/content_1385209988?sb=1

There's an Australian themed Bar in Bakewell.

There may well be, but it doesn't mean the Fosters you were drinking was actually brewed in Australia.

Similarly Heineken for Dutch drinkers and the export market is different to the stuff brewed over here. Carlsberg also. When having the Carlsberg brewery tour in Copenhagan they told us proudly that their brew was exported all over the world to the same high quality recipe and standard.

Except in the UK where they allowed it to be brewed under licence which resulted in a shoddy, under-strength and substandard lager.

Black Lurcher (8%abv) ... superb! (don't drive)

Theakston's Old Peculier (hand pulled) ... sadly not many (no) pubs sell it round here anymore ... go to Masham where they make it!

This used to be my favourite I've gone off it now. Dont know if my tastes have changed or its taste has changed

Archived