Shiny Sheff music quiz nite

Ade65

I was in tonight, but left early because of the racist and sexist comments from one bunch of regulars. I'm neither, but if you happen to be gay or black, don't bother with this place.

I've been a regular in this pub over the last several months, but shan't be after tonight's disgraceful display. I will be in to talk to Bob, the landlord, who is trying to keep a good pub; he wasn't there tonight, and I don't think he'd tolerate what I heard tonight.

I'd certainly be interested to know more about this.

I am a long time regular of the Shiny and was in with a bunch of mates last night. We sat on the settee in the lounge and did the quiz. Indeed, I won it.

I hear banter all the time in there as you do in any pub. I didn't hear any racist language and certainly didn't hear any sexist language above what I've come to accept in a public house. (I've been going to the Sheff since 1982.)

So I think it boils down to two things:

A, you've got good hearing and cannot help but listen to other people's discussions;

B, perhaps going to the pub isn't really for you? A book at home with a cup of Horlicks might be more suitable.

Oh, were you say on your own perchance?

I'm also a regular of the Shiny and although I dont go in on a Tuesday night I dont know any of the usual crowd who would speak like this.

Myself and my wife know most people in there and I'm sure my wife (who is mixed race or what ever this months politicaly correct saying is) would also like to meet these people.

Maybe we could all arrange a time to meet up with Bob to get to the bottom of this?

I am a long time regular of the Shiny and was in with a bunch of mates last night. We sat on the settee in the lounge and did the quiz. Indeed, I won it.

I hear banter all the time in there as you do in any pub. I didn't hear any racist language and certainly didn't hear any sexist language above what I've come to accept in a public house. (I've been going to the Sheff since 1982.)

A, you've got good hearing and cannot help but listen to other people's discussions;

B, perhaps going to the pub isn't really for you? A book at home with a cup of Horlicks might be more suitable.

Sounds like I should start coming up! love a music quiz.

Depending on the beer served, Horlicks might be the better option anyway! :hihi::hihi:

Of course, in a music quiz, some drunken woman shouting out - repeatedly - that Vince Clarke and Andy Bell were collectively known as 'Bummers', isn't offensive at all.

Nor someone talking loudly in a fake Caribbean accent, which I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done if there'd been any black people in.

But hey-ho, if that's okay with you, then it's all good....

Of course, in a music quiz, some drunken woman shouting out - repeatedly - that Vince Clarke and Andy Bell were collectively known as 'Bummers', isn't offensive at all.

Nor someone talking loudly in a fake Caribbean accent, which I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done if there'd been any black people in.

But hey-ho, if that's okay with you, then it's all good....

Glad you've finally had the balls -oops, sorry - nerve to reply, Ade.

A 'fake Carribean accent' disturbs you does it? Dear oh dear, the world must be a terrifying place for you.

Don't listen to Magic AM: there's an advert on there which also uses a 'fake Carribean accent'.

I'd guess that if I were to listen to some of your conversation, I'd find something that I don't agree with.

But it wouldn't bother me pal, I've got a life to get on with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived