ASDA Home Delivery RANT!

My disabled son is coming home for a week tomorrow....so I think I will use ASDA home delivery and get the items I will need for his stay.

This is only my second time of using them....wasn't overly impressed the first until the shopping showed up and the delivery driver went through the bill...and then I was happy.

So this time....looking for a stress free shopping experience...I placed my order...got to the checkout bit and there was something on offer there I quite fancied...so I added 2...and the £2.00 was added to the bill. I checked out.

But...I didn't see the new items on the bill....so this morning went back into the order...and they weren't there....and then I added a few more things (as you do)...and went to check out.

Now this is when my stress levels started to rise.....Total amount in trolley....£47.15....go to next page......sub-total £49.69!!!!!

I called ASDA a) to ask about the missing items...and b) to ask about the difference. They DIDN'T KNOW!!! Well, who will then??? This then sends my stress levels up even further....and now the "tourettes" is kicking in!!!

They cannot fathom it....and ask me to take the order through the checkout again.....???????????.......so I did....and it (for some strange and inexplicable reason)....remained the same.

At one point I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine (I have edited this as it is a family friendly forum)........but as my disabled son is coming home tomorrow I have NO CHOICE but to continue with this order.

SO THANK YOU ASDA - for ripping me off....how many more of your customers do you rip off.

I will be back to shopping the old fashioned way next week....can't be doing with the hassle. :rant:

So, were you being asked to pay £47.15 or £49.69? As with the later being a sub total it seems to imply that is the amount prior to the deduction of any amount arising from items being on offer.

jb

Yup, sometimes they will add to your trolley as the discounted price but the discount showing as full price in the sub total, but the amount you pay being the discounted price.

So, were you being asked to pay £47.15 or £49.69? As with the later being a sub total it seems to imply that is the amount prior to the deduction of any amount arising from items being on offer.

jb

£49.69.

Like I say...its only my second time of shopping with them....value of items in trolley....£47.15.....then you go to next screen and it says £49.69.....and the items I believed I ordered at the checkout aren't showing.

It's not just that....its the fact that the customer service people can see there is a problem....but DON'T KNOW how to rectify it. If they don't then who can???

If I have misunderstood the billing procedure then why can't they talk me through it????

And even then...where are the missing items....they say they can't find them???

Could it be the items that you added at the checkout are not available from your delivery store? I home shop all the time, sometimes the offer will show until you place the order then it usually tells you in red that the items are not stocked at your delivery store and have been removed from your basket. If the price difference isn't your delivery charge it could well be promotions I.E. BOGOF will show at the full price for both but will show the saving on your receipt when the shopping arrives as long as the offer was active in store at the time of delivery.

Could it be the items that you added at the checkout are not available from your delivery store? I home shop all the time, sometimes the offer will show until you place the order then it usually tells you in red that the items are not stocked at your delivery store and have been removed from your basket. If the price difference isn't your delivery charge it could well be promotions I.E. BOGOF will show at the full price for both but will show the saving on your receipt when the shopping arrives as long as the offer was active in store at the time of delivery.

The delivery charge is on top of that.....the Customer Service person couldn't fathom it out....that is the biggest part of my gripe....if I can't see what is wrong...then I should be able to go to them and say its not right...and they should be able to offer a solution.

For them just to dismiss it....saying that they can't find the items I believe I have paid for....and don't know why there is a price difference just leaves me stumped.

Could it be:

1) delivery charge

2) the price before the deduction of any special offers

I would wait until the delivery comes - you will get an itemised delivery note, with the total on.

Then, if it's wrong - hit em with both barrels!:hihi:

Thanks....ok....just looking at the bill again. I've done accounts....how hard can it be.....bear with.....bear with.....bear with.

Ok....so the items placed in the trolley already have the deductions (roll-backs and special discounts) taken off BEFORE they go into the trolley...so the price on the receipt is the ACTUAL price I will pay......and that comes to £47.15. I am happy with that so far.....I have used my calculator and it all adds up a treat. Moving on now to next screen.

It now shows £49.69.....ah...I think I see it now (unlike the customer service people who couldn't explain it and were totally confused too).....it shows a discount of £2.64 - which I took to mean as this is what you saved (in the same way you get on a till receipt in store).....but if I deduct one from the other I get the £47.15.

Well how stupid is that!!! So they show the discounted amount on one page and the amount before discount on the next.....that's just crazy. It is mixing two different price structures together. Just pick one.

And the items for £2.00 that I added at the end of the shop are still nowhere to be seen.

And if it IS that simple...then why did the customer service staff not have a clue.....:loopy:

Archived