ASDA Home Delivery RANT!

Will some of the special offers have ended before your delivery......they are valid at the point of ordering (not delivery) I think.

That was one of the explanations given by customer services...but as the order was re-done less than an hour before I spoke to them...and delivery isn't till tomorrow...then I would expect them to be correct prices.

Customer services even made me go through the checkout process again. :huh:

The delivery charge is on top of that.....the Customer Service person couldn't fathom it out....that is the biggest part of my gripe....if I can't see what is wrong...then I should be able to go to them and say its not right...and they should be able to offer a solution.

For them just to dismiss it....saying that they can't find the items I believe I have paid for....and don't know why there is a price difference just leaves me stumped.

Sorry I didn't mean to seem critical I know how they can make something simple like a grocery delivery into a huge stressful marathon! I had an issue with Tesco at christmas, the new store didn't carry a lot of the stock that my old delivery store at Abbeydale does and getting that through to the seventeenth customer service person, who then instructs the driver to cancel the redelivery :roll: which I have already paid for and sat and waited for.... makes steam come out of your ears :rant:

I was having guesses at why your total changed, with the varied responses you will get from calling customer services (a different answer every time like no repeat work days) my guesses may have been as valid.

Thanks....ok....just looking at the bill again. I've done accounts....how hard can it be.....bear with.....bear with.....bear with.

Ok....so the items placed in the trolley already have the deductions (roll-backs and special discounts) taken off BEFORE they go into the trolley...so the price on the receipt is the ACTUAL price I will pay......and that comes to £47.15. I am happy with that so far.....I have used my calculator and it all adds up a treat. Moving on now to next screen.

It now shows £49.69.....ah...I think I see it now (unlike the customer service people who couldn't explain it and were totally confused too).....it shows a discount of £2.64 - which I took to mean as this is what you saved (in the same way you get on a till receipt in store).....but if I deduct one from the other I get the £47.15.

Well how stupid is that!!! So they show the discounted amount on one page and the amount before discount on the next.....that's just crazy. It is mixing two different price structures together. Just pick one.

And the items for £2.00 that I added at the end of the shop are still nowhere to be seen.

And if it IS that simple...then why did the customer service staff not have a clue.....:loopy:

Isn't that what I said further up??

Isn't that what I said further up??

I think it is...thank you Bonjon :D

Isn't it confusing though using two different structures....why can't they just pick one and stick with it.

And it doesn't excuse the customer services who should have been able to see how I had got confused....and put me right...rather than just saying they didn't have a clue how it was different. :roll:

I think it is...thank you Bonjon :D

Isn't it confusing though using two different structures....why can't they just pick one and stick with it.

And it doesn't excuse the customer services who should have been able to see how I had got confused....and put me right...rather than just saying they didn't have a clue how it was different. :roll:

So as suspected the price at order includes the special offers but the "end" price doesn't - incase the special are not on at the point of delivery.

Sorry I didn't mean to seem critical I know how they can make something simple like a grocery delivery into a huge stressful marathon! I had an issue with Tesco at christmas, the new store didn't carry a lot of the stock that my old delivery store at Abbeydale does and getting that through to the seventeenth customer service person, who then instructs the driver to cancel the redelivery :roll: which I have already paid for and sat and waited for.... makes steam come out of your ears :rant:

I was having guesses at why your total changed, with the varied responses you will get from calling customer services (a different answer every time like no repeat work days) my guesses may have been as valid.

Exactly....you weren't being critical.....ASDA weren't being logical :D

I might have fathomed it earlier if it wasn't for the fact I believed that £2.00 of the difference was for items not showing....it now seems they were never added, never charged hence not showing.....but that didn't lessen the confusion and the stress.

What is the point of customer services.....they get paid to sort stuff out. In the end I come on here and the good people of Sheffield Forum point me in the right direction and it's sorted.

Thank you :thumbsup:

I said it in post #2 therefore I win the internet. The clue I think was in one being a sub-total and the other a total.

jb

Indeed you do :D

They were looking at the same thing as me...why didn't Customer Services point that out.

And why do it that way....just carry over the previous price...and show the amount you have saved as an aside (as you get on till receipts). :)

And now.....if that craziness wasn't enough..........

Appropos of nothing....just looked in my e-mail inbox.

Got something form Argos. I had a new single bed delivered just last week...and this e-mail is for beds I might be interested in (it includes the one I have just taken delivery of)....it shows products I might like....more single beds...and products I might be interested in....more single beds.

What part of I have just bought a single bed from them do they not get...had I wanted more than one at the time I would have purchased more than one at the the time. :huh:

Is it just me...or does shopping send anyone else into Rhodri Gilbert rant mode???

Anyone know where I can get a torch with the power of a million candles....or a million tog duvet????

Archived