Best smartphone for £20/month?

Hi, I will need a new phone very soon and I need help! My budget is £20/month with a free handset. I will be doing light internet browsing only and would like a good camera. What is the best smartphone/contract within this budget and why?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I will need a new phone very soon and I need help! My budget is £20/month with a free handset. I will be doing light internet browsing only and would like a good camera. What is the best smartphone/contract within this budget and why?

Thanks in advance!

What length contract would you be looking to tieing to?

So are Virgin.

I phoned Virgin yesterday re. a problem with my daughter's phone and they were excellent. Sorted it out no problem.

When I was with 3 and moved house I couldn't get a signal. I was 12 months through a 24 month contract but they still let me cancel my contract with no penalties. All the people I talked to (in India) were polite and courteous.

I have also had dealings with UK based call centres and have been impressed with the service they provided also.

Don't just base your choice on the location of their customers services.

I've got a HTC Wildfire S with T Mobile

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-tariffs/pay-monthly-21-24m-standard/htc-wildfire-s-black/extras/

Try 3 also. I had to change from 3 because of lack of coverage wher I live but their deals are very good.

I got one of these recently and am very happy with it. good for browsing, music, calls, videos etc. think its about 20.50 from carphone warehouse.

Thanks for your replies. But what I would like to have is advice on what phone is the best for this sort of budget. I know relatively little about smart phones as I have never had one.

I was thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S2, which I can get if I strech myself to £22.50 (Virgin), Iphone 3 or even Sony Xperia Arc (I've heard it's quite good). They are at the very top of my budget and I wonder if they are worth it? Taking decent photos is important for me, as it is having quick internet access, what do you think?

Archived