Need mother of the bride clothing!

Why not just look for a nice outfit that you would normally wear to a wedding, rather than looking for a mother of the bride outfit?

My mum isn't the sort of woman who wears frills, flower patterned dresses and over the top hats. And she didn't at my wedding, she wore a simple ivory suit with turquoise coloured accessories (no hat, feathers, or frills in sight). My mum is more of jeans/shirt sort and frankly if she had turned up looking like a "typical" mother of the bride I would have thought she had lost her marbles.

Hey strix, I will have a look but it's not as much the price ( though not got thousands ) it's the whole frillyness of everything I've seen, I'm happier in my jeans and t-shirt so am really struggling
Me too - and being short I'd look a right mess in a 3 piece suit ;)

I have a couple of classic, straight up and down, shift dresses from Jaques Vert though, which are nicely understated when I need to be dressed up though

Archived