Need mother of the bride clothing!

I'm a 16, so not too big but could be slimmer :-( or 6 foot! lol,

Tried a dress and bolero thing on this afternoon and didn't look as hideous as I thought I may but still not sure if it's me> Loads more searching t be done, I think

if you want to take some of the stress out of the process, you could try debenhams' personal shopper service at meadowhall.

i used it a few years ago to find a dress for a wedding because i simply didnt know where to even start!

as it was i didnt buy any of the dresses they suggested, but by getting their advice on the styles that suited me, it armed me with the confidence to go out and hit meadowhall on my own to find something.

best of luck and im glad that this afternoon was a pleasant surprise :)

x

I'm a 16, so not too big but could be slimmer :-( or 6 foot! lol,

Tried a dress and bolero thing on this afternoon and didn't look as hideous as I thought I may but still not sure if it's me> Loads more searching t be done, I think

what time of year is the wedding, and will you have to go outside during the proceedings?

A fancy shawl/scarf type thing may work better for you

I am sorted, New Image, Hillsborough, lovely shop, lovely staff!

Well done. Like you I'm size 16 and not all that tall ie 5' 2" in old money. I'm struggling to find anything I like that fits. My budget only just goes to Jacques Vert and Phase 8 prices and when I saw New Image website I reckoned their stuff would be way more pricey than that. did you find it expensive? Have you been able to get something you can wear again at a non-wedding occasion?

Anyone else been to New Image lately and able to comment?

Thanks.

There stuff starts at £200 plus up to £1000!

The clothes are very good quality and the staff seem to know what will suit you and what won't, they also didn't just push the most expensive ones. The one I ended up with was £100 or so more than I possibly wanted to spend but a very nice fit and it could be dressed down and worn again somewhere nice

There stuff starts at £200 plus up to £1000!

The clothes are very good quality and the staff seem to know what will suit you and what won't, they also didn't just push the most expensive ones. The one I ended up with was £100 or so more than I possibly wanted to spend but a very nice fit and it could be dressed down and worn again somewhere nice

Thanks that's very helpful. Had unsuccessful trips to Lewis's and debenhams in town and meadowhall so will prob have a look at New Image. Anyone got other suggestions for outfits that are classy but not too formal? Sheffield smaller places maybe? I'm prepared to travel to York or Manchester if I know some specific places to head for

Archived