History of Bands Playing City Hall Anyone?

• 8 months later...

If it's the November 5th 1974 gig you're thinking of , then if my memory serves me correctly , the support band was Hustler............great days....

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 20:24 ----------

Pink Fairies.........................now there's a band I really like and yet you never hear them on the radio. Wonder why?

You guys are hardcore

Aaaah, The Albert. The memories come flooding back........................like the Trophy Bitter.

We were trying to remember who supported Queen or if it was Queen supporting someone else. Thin Lizzy and Quo were both mentioned.

If it was the November 5th 1974 gig you're thinking of , then if my memory serves me correctly , the support band was Hustler.......great days....

Mott the Hoople played at the city Hall in either april or May 1974. It was the first band I saw live and it was for my 18th birthday

I can remember wagging school and standing outside pecks for the led zep tickets £2 pound i think.also i remember a band called Faust ,they brought a road breaker onto the stage started it up and were shut down,end of show but an early visit to the Albert.:loopy:

Shakin' Stevens twice(cough, I was young, I only went to see the support act etc.)

The Jets,

The Stargazers,

Coast To Coast,

The Smiths,

The Everly Brothers,

Marillion, and their support act who out shone them:-

Didn't Gong play there in the early 80s?

Beltane Fire

Shakin' Stevens twice(cough, I was young, I only went to see the support act etc.)

The Jets,

The Stargazers,

Coast To Coast,

The Smiths,

The Everly Brothers,

Marillion, and their support act who out shone them:-

Didn't Gong play there in the early 80s?

Beltane Fire

Not sure , but I do remember seeing them play in the yard behind the old Virgin Records shop at the bottom of The Moor around 1973 I think......anybody else remember ? I think there were only about 15-20 people there.........