A different ending to world war 2

I see there are a few good military minds on here,so i would be interested to read how some of you will debate,and share your ideas on possible different outcomes.

Ok...

Europe including Russia,and Africa all fallen and under German rule.

Uk and Ireland under German rule.

All Asia under Japanese rule.(because Pearl Harbour didn't happen until thee above scenarios were in place)and the USA left their entry into the war too late. I would imagine the axis forces would have declared war on the USA at this point.

Would the USA have been able to defend herself,and also liberate other nations?

Ok,they had the A-bombs,but these would be useless if the were unable to deliver them.

I aint no expert,but i do enjoy reading how some of you posters think.

THANKS

The US could not have been conquered, even if Germany and Japan had no other enemies. Their fleet - despite Pearl Harbor - was too strong to be overcome.

Whether they would have had the ability, or the will, to invade and liberate Europe and/or Asia, is a very different question.

All empires eventually fall. The Romans were successful partly because afaik they assimilated conquered armies into their own, so every time they conquered a land, their forces grew which would help conquer the next land.

It's difficult to see, even if they had managed to conquer the world, how the Axis forces could have kept control with their forces spread thinly across the globe. The British managed to do it for a while of course during her Empire days, but eventually Independance movements took hold, and in many cases the natives took up arms against us. They would have probably ended up fighting guerilla warfare against insurgents.

or they all went to the moon and will return one day soon

http://www.ironsky.net/

;)

Nice post/interest/linky, WeX :)

Been tracking this awhile, can't wait to see this either :thumbsup:

First screening in Berlinale's Panoroma this month. It's been an amazing film development model (crowd funding), it'd be great if it didn't tank/get mauled by critics.

The US could not have been conquered, even if Germany and Japan had no other enemies. Their fleet - despite Pearl Harbor - was too strong to be overcome.

Whether they would have had the ability, or the will, to invade and liberate Europe and/or Asia, is a very different question.

I was 8 years oldwhen the war started , nearly 14 when it ended. I am reading a very good account of the whole month of December 1941 in regard to Perl Harbor and its effect on the American public. Its fairly common knowledge that America was totally unprepared for the attack or indeed for war in any form. It had a very strong lobby against involvement in a European conflict led by Charles Lindbergh and others. But immediately afterwards when FDR declared war on the Japanese, millions of men rushed to the colors, workers vowed to end strikes untl the war was over, and people bought great amounts of war bonds.Within less than two years warships were coming off the slips daily especially carriers. The rest is history. Whether America woulld want to involve itself in a future world conflict would depend on how much it needed to, but the will to fight would be what it always was.

Europe including Russia,and Africa all fallen and under German rule.

Uk and Ireland under German rule.

All Asia under Japanese ruleI

aint no expert....

The combined population of Germany and Japan today is about 200,000. Imagine what the total population of the rest of Europe, Asia and Africa is today and ask yourself whether the above scenario is sustainable. You don't need to be an expert. Just look at what happened to the British and French empires.

Archived