Is this lady irresponsible. ?

Check out the first picture Rich, the rope is clearly going to the top of the climb, hence Top Roping. Barring falling rocks there is no risk at all..

Which is OK as long as you are directly under the fixed point, move a meter in either direction and when you fall you swing and occasionally turn, but I would imagine she is only doing climbs that are easy for her.

Check out the first picture Rich, the rope is clearly going to the top of the climb, hence Top Roping. Barring falling rocks there is no risk at all..

So there's absolutely no chance of her losing her grip on the rocks and slipping so that her back goes to the wall, crushing the baby?

EDIT: Just saw that Rich is basically saying the same thing above my post

So there's absolutely no chance of her losing her grip on the rocks and slipping so that her back goes to the wall, crushing the baby?

I've done that and it hurts, it’s when you have to move to the sides of the anchor point, if you slip you swing and could turn.

Are there, I wonder, any likely scenarios in which a helmetless baby would die but a one wearing a helmet would have lived?

In any fall, it's almost certainly going to die either way, so the wearing of a helmet might not actually be of any use. (That said, if I were ever inclined to do any helmet-required activity while carrying a baby, I would have given said baby a helmet without ever thinking about if it was necessary or not.)

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a rock falling. Of course should she fall then the little un would have been been at the very least seriously injured, i just dont see any benefits for the child at all.

Pride comes before a fall

It's probably best to make sure that when you do fall, no matter how highly you rate your abilities, that your pride doesn't lead to the destruction of an innocent life.

I'm sure she made the whole escapade as safe as she possibly could but it looks unnecessarily risky. And irresponsible. I feel sorry for the kid because what other extreme situations will it be subjected to? Get the feeling this is just the start.

Archived