Animated Avatars

I have found one I like but am not sure on how to upload it to my profile, there are four links besides it called...

Email & IM

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

I have tried using all links on the avatar URL bit but it says target file too large, what do I do?

Email & IM

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

Those are for embedding the graphic in the body of a message. The code for example, will let you display an image in forums that allow it (the forum you joined earlier today allows this and even has a stickied tutorial in General chat on the subject). SF only allows image uploads in the Photography section.

Anyway, to the point... save the file to your Desktop. Go to the My Control Panel link on the left side of this page and then click Edit Avatar. Use the button there to upload your new avatar. Note that there are restrictions to the maximum file size and pixel dimensions. Have fun!

I have found one I like but am not sure on how to upload it to my profile, there are four links besides it called...

Email & IM

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

I have tried using all links on the avatar URL bit but it says target file too large, what do I do?

Save the image by right clicking it and choosing save image as, choose the name you want for the image then go to resize images online and set the image size at 50. save resized image and put as your avatar innit.

Got it.

Your .gif has 29 frames. Original pixel dimensions are 125 x 83. To fit here it will need to be 50 x 33. That reduces it to 38kb - still too big and there's not much left to see.

You need to find something else.

Archived