FreeLander Help

Hello all,

My freelander is broken at the mo,

What happens is when you turn the key the dash lights including the radio light goes off and no ignition. I firstly changed the battery, then the starter motor and it still happens. If you bump it it will start. Any help please?????

S reg - freelander 1

Hello all,

My freelander is broken at the mo,

What happens is when you turn the key the dash lights including the radio light goes off and no ignition. I firstly changed the battery, then the starter motor and it still happens. If you bump it it will start. Any help please?????

S reg - freelander 1

check that the neg lead from the battery to chassis is a good contact where it earths to the metal chassis,if this is ok then it could be a faulty ign switch.

Not the main battery leads......but there is a small (just a normal wire) coloured green and black if I remember correctly.

It earths to the bulkhead somewhere central.

That's the most likely culprit.

Clean the connection to the bulkhead.

I'll take a look under mi bonnet tomorrow, and report back more specifically where it is.

Not the main battery leads......but there is a small (just a normal wire) coloured green and black if I remember correctly.

It earths to the bulkhead somewhere central.

That's the most likely culprit.

Clean the connection to the bulkhead.

I'll take a look under mi bonnet tomorrow, and report back more specifically where it is.

Why can't you do it now? I know it's cold, but you only need a torch. I would do the same if I owned a horrible break down prone Freelander.

Archived