Children playing football smash a window - suitable punishment for them?

I once accidentally kicked my football through to next doors window when I was a kid and broke it, when I went round next door to ask for my football back, the miserable old sod had stuck a knife in my ball and popt it,so I went and told my Dad so he went round next door and made the bloke pay for a new football for me.

No, if you really want to punish them, get them a leather bound copy of all your posts to do with housing. And make them read every one.

That'll learn em.

I did actually spit out coffee just now!

Very good! :hihi:

Some children have smashed a friends window whilst playing football. No real harm done. However, they have not come round to apologise and ran off leaving their football.

I'm going to have to fit a new window now. After fitting it I'll be going round to see their parents to demand payment for the glass and that the children cut the garden one weekend in return for the labour, before giving them their football back.

Is that a fair punishment?

Normally it's something you'd just let slip, but they didn't own up and apologise so I don't think this should be allowed to slide.

And if the parents refuse to pay for the glass, would it be fair to put their window through?

Your friend's window or yours? Or just a made up story?

Some children have smashed a friends window whilst playing football. No real harm done. However, they have not come round to apologise and ran off leaving their football.

I'm going to have to fit a new window now. After fitting it I'll be going round to see their parents to demand payment for the glass and that the children cut the garden one weekend in return for the labour, before giving them their football back.

Is that a fair punishment?

Normally it's something you'd just let slip, but they didn't own up and apologise so I don't think this should be allowed to slide.

And if the parents refuse to pay for the glass, would it be fair to put their window through?

You want to put THEIR window through because the kids did yours? Are you aware of how hard you FAIL?! :loopy:

Archived