Any first aid courses for general public in Sheffield?

Hi,

thanks again for the useful information.

What I am really interested in is that I want to be as prepared as I can be if I come across an accident or an emergency situation where someone is injured, has suffered a heart attack or a stroke and I am wondering whether the first aid at work courses cover those aspects? I guess with me having an office based job I cannot think of many accidents/emergencies that could happen to me there.

As far as heart attacks and strokes are concerned the best action as a first aider is to recognise the symptoms, stay calm, dial 999 and keep the patient calm as much as possible.

We are running 1 Day Emergency First Aid at work course 1st March 2012. Special Offer price £45.00 per person + VAT.

http://www.crystalclear1staidtraining.co.uk

I can recommend the Crystal clear training , We used them to do some in house training at work last week, the trainer was very friendly and the course was delivered in a clear and well paced way. All for a very good price too :)

First aid at work courses are available for anyone over 16 yrs old. You do not have to be 'in work' or do them through work.

A 1 day Emergency first aid at work course will give you enough for CPR,Recovery position,Treating Major bleeds, Burns and Shock.

3 day First aid at work is very comprehensive and will teach you enough to pretty much handle everything.

The company you choose must be HSE approved http://webcommunities.hse.gov.uk/connect.ti/firstaid/view?objectId=4772

search for them there.

we run courses in city centre (round corner from markets) with free parking. we have an award (from Sheffield Occupational Health and Safety Association)for our training

With acting reacting casualties throughout your course, giving you outstanding hands-on practical skills. PM for info or http://www.trainingventures.co.uk

Edited by HeatherKay
added our website, seeing as everyone else has :-)

First aid at work courses are available for anyone over 16 yrs old. You do not have to be 'in work' or do them through work.

A 1 day Emergency first aid at work course will give you enough for CPR,Recovery position,Treating Major bleeds, Burns and Shock.

3 day First aid at work is very comprehensive and will teach you enough to pretty much handle everything.

FAW , while meeting the HSE's requirements is not actually all it;s cracked up to be , where the correct modules and courses from those offered by other providers may well be more appropriate for general / activity related first aid needs, it's also notable that where sports National governing bodies require a first aid course for coaches / instructors FAW is often considered inadequate.

I really wish that first aid , especially CPR was taught in schools. It would save so many lives , the main one being cardiac arrest where good compressions would give the Paramedics a fighting chance to revive the patient with their advanced life support skills.

If there's no CPR on scene because no one knows how to do it then within 2/3 mins the patient is dead anyway.