I have no scrap.

Fed up with getting 3 calls at my door a week asking if the kids trampoline was scrap I decided to make it easy on myself and put signs all over the gate, window and front door stating that there is NO scrap on the property, and also used the opportunity to point out that my CCTV is recorded 24/7 as well, just in case we are not in.

Just had a knock at the door, 'any scrap'.

I had to point out the signs and showed my dissatisfaction until I got a 'sorry mate I didn't see them'

Do you think maybe being literate is not an important requirement for being a scrap merchant?

Fed up with getting 3 calls at my door a week asking if the kids trampoline was scrap I decided to make it easy on myself and put signs all over the gate, window and front door stating that there is NO scrap on the property, and also used the opportunity to point out that my CCTV is recorded 24/7 as well, just in case we are not in.

I had to point out the signs and showed my dissatisfaction until I got a 'sorry mate I didn't see them'

Do you think maybe being literate is not an important requirement for being a scrap merchant?

Numaracy is probably more important! As in go fourth (forth) and multiply!

I'm confused, so, do you have any scrap or what?

They don't knock round here, I just put a sign up when I have some, then they knock and ask for it, we have very polite scrap men.

Archived