Bradway Hotel - new venture

elec recover

I would suggest for the Bradway....

- Good selection of craft beer (both local real ales and interesting imports) at reasonable prices

- reasonable wine list

- nice selection of soft drinks for the designated drivers

- traditional scrumpy style cider and perry

- all day menu of good quality, reasonably priced food and hot drinks

- family friendly in the daytime

- entertainment in evening such as live music, quiz nights etc. Definately no karaoke.

- no lowest common denominator brands on the bar such as Carling, Stella or Strongbow.

- Friendly staff

- community feel with pub football team etc

Note when I say reasonable prices I do not mean cheap - decent food and drink, with the odd exception, generally doesn't come cheap these days and low prices tend to attract the wrong kind of clientele in certain locations. However I believe a fair price should be charged, not a rip off.

I would actually probably say the Bradway ought to be working along similar lines to the Three Tuns in Dronfield, only problem is the Bradway being leased from Enterprise Inns creates restrictions on how they run it and adds cost to drinks on the bar.

Yeah, while it`s Enterprise, it`s going to be tough to make it a success.

Not totally impossible though, just got to make sure the terms of the lease allows your business plan and also watch out for terms about rent reviews and building maintainance.

bradway was agreat pub and can be again,great people from all walks of life

When exactly was it a great pub?

It's open and shut more times than a venus flytrap. And the reason why is because it doesn't appeal to the right clientele. It has been troubled by appealing to the younger generation with the hoodies and baseball caps and binge drinking and violence.

According to the OP, they are considering a Wetherspoons type model with cheap drinks - oh dear!

I think AndyC's suggestion below is spot on. It's the only way that a pub like the Bradway can prosper. If they go the cheap drinks route it will fill up with the scum from the not so good areas nearby and the good people of Bradway will give it a wide berth - as before.

Archived