Ideas for restaurant for birthday!

j.orpen

Hi,

Myself and my boyfriend are planning on going out for a meal but are a bit stuck of where to go as we can't choose!

We would like somewhere quite cosy and romantic but reasonably priced as we don't have lots of cash to splash! We would be looking at spending under £40, byo would also be a bonus but not a must.

We would like to be able to relax, have a few drinks and take quite a while enjoying our food and chatting without feeling pressurised to go!

Our most visited restaurant is Aagrahs in Leopold Square but would like to try something new and different!

Neither of us are fussy eaters and we like all cuisines, we just love good, reasonably priced food!

Preferably in/around city centre or near to s35 as we don't drive!

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated :-)

You obviously appreciate good Indian food. Have you tried Akbars? It's even better than Aagrah imo. It's not so far from Meadowhall, maybe 1 mile from there, although I guess you'd need to take a cab.

If you fancy Thai, "All Siam" near Hunter's Bar is excellent - but it may be a bit pricey with drinks on top.

How about "Kitchen" on Ecclesall Road South? Excellent food - very small place though, but you can byo on Tuesdays only.

Other than that - Fellicini's nice Italian on Eccy Road and not too expensive - big place, good atmosphere, trendy crowd. Piccolino's or Browns in the Peace Gardens.

Hi,

Myself and my boyfriend are planning on going out for a meal but are a bit stuck of where to go as we can't choose!

We would like somewhere quite cosy and romantic but reasonably priced as we don't have lots of cash to splash! We would be looking at spending under £40, byo would also be a bonus but not a must.

We would like to be able to relax, have a few drinks and take quite a while enjoying our food and chatting without feeling pressurised to go!

Our most visited restaurant is Aagrahs in Leopold Square but would like to try something new and different!

Neither of us are fussy eaters and we like all cuisines, we just love good, reasonably priced food!

Preferably in/around city centre or near to s35 as we don't drive!

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated :-)

kitchen on tuesdays great night out cheaper food on tuesdays and bring your own wine

Hey everyone thanks for all the suggestions, will keep us going for a while :-)

We're going on a Saturday, but will definitely get to Kitchen one Tuesday!

Also going to check out Akbars at some point too as we do love a curry!

Going to look into Al Siam, Bella Napoli and Fellicinis too!

Also can anyone tell me what are the various chinese/japanese places like on London road? Are they more like lunch style places?

Thanks!

La Luna on Ecclesall Road South does really good, homely Italian food.

The pizzas and pastas are authentic and delicious (and around £8, so won't blow the budget!) while I'm also assured the meat dishes are lovely (I'm veggie so haven't tried them myself).

It's not quite as good as Vito's in Walkley in terms of food - but the best thing is that it's bring your own, with no corkage charge. It does get extremely busy so you'll need to book.

La Luna is on the upper stretch of Eccy Rd, at Banner Cross, but isn't far to walk from Hunter's Bar. Failing that, about a million bus routes pass the front door.

Archived