Place to eat with a play area

xshortiex

evening all my daughter will be 1 in may but as she has hip dysplasia she needs 2 have surgery in april so will be in pots 4 her birthday, so rather than having a party im wanting to go 4 a big family meal all together there will be 18 of us some of these will be children so ideally i want somewhere with a play area and also that will allow us to take our own cakes in. i have already rang meadow farm at ecclesfield but because her birthday is a sunday we cant go there as they dont take group bookings on sundays. Can anyone recommend anywhere

evening all my daughter will be 1 in may but as she has hip dysplasia she needs 2 have surgery in april so will be in pots 4 her birthday, so rather than having a party im wanting to go 4 a big family meal all together there will be 18 of us some of these will be children so ideally i want somewhere with a play area and also that will allow us to take our own cakes in. i have already rang meadow farm at ecclesfield but because her birthday is a sunday we cant go there as they dont take group bookings on sundays. Can anyone recommend anywhere

Could you not go there on a Saturday instead?

To be honest I wouldn't rate Meadow Farm for something like this - it gets too full, although they'll reserve tables you'll propably not be sat near the play area therefore won't be able to kkeep an eye on the little ones.

I've been to a few parties at The Marquis, just through Wentworth:

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub-food/Marquis-Rotherham/pid-M6956?utm_source=RedC&utm_medium=cpc-search&utm_term=pubs_name&utm_campaign=Marquis-Rotherham-Fayre_and_Square

You'll have a meal then go through to the party area afterwards which includes a play area or could pay for a party for the kids and just let the adults have drinks. It's always lovely and clean and I'm sure they'll make your little one feel special and not left out. Hope this is useful. x

If you don't mind a drive there are two places in Rotherham one at park gate called the storyteller. I have not been there but it is a chain and the other pub is called sir jacks off m18 junc 1 next to the Morrisons. They are carverys and £5.95 each but we went for my sons 1st birthday to sir jacks and th efood was lovely, the staff were lovely and put balloons out, free of charge and we could take our own cake. They even made sure our son could go into the wacky warehouse as they shut at 8pm and last admission was at 7pm, but they let him in at 7.15 for free which was really nice of them. Not sure how busy it would be on a Sunday as we tend to go weeknights but these are the only ones around here I think. But we really enjoyed sir jacks and have been back twice since jan 10th lol!

Archived