Packages vs DIY?

How easy is it to do your own packages as it were? most of the places I've looked at so far are 4k and tbh sound too snotty for me :hihi:

I'd like elegent setting, but with proper dinners, and not the posh stuff that wouldn't fill my dads left leg

Any suggestions? :help:

We did our own - easy and fun! :)

Probably saved money too (although it didn't seem like it, given the overall cost in the end!)

I can suggest photographers, videographers, florists and stuff (and of course my own band) but I'm not sure I'm allowed :)

Have you tried Groupon and the like? often you'll find mad bargains for a package deal at a hotel on there

If you want a good dinner, then maybe try ringing round places that usually do a sunday carvery. Some pubs/restaurants may be prepared to shut to give you exclusive use if it's worth their while financially

He wants a 3 course rast, but doesn't like the idea of having it in a pub. I thought the women were supposed to be the romantics :rolleyes:

lol - my friends in York had a hog-roast-in-a-van served under a marquee outside their venue. :hihi: was the best. They also had a céilidh band.

Archived