Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

It's highly shameful that Kate Green thinks it appropriate to give over Parliamentary time for a debate on the matter

No it isn't. It's her job.

Edit. Additionally, using your logic, it's a shame there is a bar in Parliament when there isn't even enough time during the Parliamentary year to get through the full legislative programme.

Edit. Additionally, using your logic, it's a shame there is a bar in Parliament when there isn't even enough time during the Parliamentary year to get through the full legislative programme.

That's not logical. She wanted a debate in chamber which would take up the time of the chamber. Drinking beer in the boozer doesn't take any time away from the chamber. :roll:

That's not logical. She wanted a debate in chamber which would take up the time of the chamber. Drinking beer in the boozer doesn't take any time away from the chamber.

It's highly logical.

MPs need a chamber to debate. MPs need to be present at the chamber to debate. Your argument is that it wastes time in the chamber. My argument (using your logic) is that a bar wastes time outside of the chamber so the MPs cannot be present to legislate.

It's highly logical.

MPs need a chamber to debate. MPs need to be present at the chamber to debate. Your argument is that it wastes time in the chamber. My argument (using your logic) is that a bar wastes time outside of the chamber so the MPs cannot be present to legislate.

But it's not my logic, so stop presenting it as such. It's your logic and it's flawed, bacause not all MPs attend all debates. Surely you must know this? If that were the case, the chamber would be full all the time.

Perhaps, using your logic, all MPs should be in attendance at all debates despite there not even being enough seats and never leave the chamber for toilet breaks, drinks or food, meetings etc.

But it's not my logic, so stop presenting it as such.

Of course it is. Your argument was based on wasting Parliament's time. You are wrong, in that a debate does not waste Parliament's time. Even more so, other things waste Parliaments time, such as drinking, or my second piece of evidence which you happily provide.

not all MPs attend all debates.

Perhaps, using your logic, all MPs should be in attendance at all debates despite there not even being enough seats and never leave the chamber for toilet breaks, drinks or food, meetings etc.

I'm not the one grumbling about how Parliament spends thier time. They should have rests, and they should be allowed a chance to relax, and equally they should debate about what MPs want to debate about. Whether you or I find the topic pointless or wonderful is irrelevant.

I'm not the one grumbling about how Parliament spends there time. They should have rests, and they should be allowed a chance to relax, and equally they should debate about what MPs want to debate about. Whether you or I find the topic pointless or wonderful is irrelevant.

How can it be irrelevant? That pretty much says democracy is irrelevant.

Archived