Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

Well that kind of proves my point. Nobody cares. Feminism has taken its eye off the ball and gets bogged down in insignificant issues that are laughable to the vast majority of the population..

Are you even reading my posts?

I didn't say nobody cares. I said my friends would agree with me on this issue, which removes the need for me to argue about it. Because I don't tend to know people like you in real life, people for whom feminism is some kind of threat who take every opportunity to insult and belittle it.

As for the Diet Coke advert. We've BEEN OVER THIS.

I pointed out the last time someone posted it that this advert is famous because it parodies and undermines the usual way round these things go. That is the only reason anyone still remembers it - because it was a surprise to see a load of women dribbling with lust over a topless man rather than the other way round.

I'm sure there are plenty of women who do, in fact I'm certain there are.. As far as I can remember women liked the ad because they liked the guy. Some women do like to see men half naked, believe it or not. You're just trying to complicate things...Women like men and men like women..unless gay of course..

Are you even reading my posts?

I didn't say nobody cares. I said my friends would agree with me on this issue, which removes the need for me to argue about it. Because I don't tend to know people like you in real life, people for whom feminism is some kind of threat who take every opportunity to insult and belittle it.

Well there we have the problem. You spend all your life back slapping each other and you don't live in the real world...

I don't think I've insulted feminism, just some feminists who have lost grip on reality...I believe there are many important issues you could campaign for. A bottle of beer with a woman on is unimportant..

I'm sure there are plenty of women who do, in fact I'm certain there are..

Who do what? What did I say women don't do?

As far as I can remember women liked the ad because they liked the guy.

Yes, probably. But the reason that ad is famous is, like or not, because it presented things in a reversal of the norm.

Some women do like to see men half naked, believe it or not. You're just trying to complicate things...Women like men and men like women..unless gay of course..

You're not reading. It's official. I didn't say that women don't like to see men half naked.

Well there we have the problem. You spend all your life back slapping each other and you don't live in the real world...

I don't think I've insulted feminism, just some feminists who have lost grip on reality...I believe there are many important issues you could campaign for. A bottle of beer with a woman on is unimportant..

Of course I live in the real world. I just choose to populate my corner of it with people who have broadly similar views to me.

And even on the more important issues, the threads about the slutwalk and rape and the like, you'll still be there, telling me how unattractive and mad and out of touch feminists are.

Of course I live in the real world. I just choose to populate my corner of it with people who have broadly similar views to me.

And even on the more important issues, the threads about the slutwalk and rape and the like, you'll still be there, telling me how unattractive and mad and out of touch feminists are.

We've been through the Slutwalk thing but I will try to condense it into a sentence..I disagreed with it because the officer in question provided advise on how to reduce the risk of attack. I agreed with his sentiment.

Rape? Its an important issue and shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as the bottle of beer debacle..

This is going the same way as someone who might object to mass immigration being called a racist. You're implying that because I think its silly to make an issue of a woman on a bottle then I must be in some way be against feminist views on rape. If you're implying that there's not enough convictions then that's another thread..

Therefore, I bid you good evening :D

We've been through the Slutwalk thing but I will try to condense it into a sentence..I disagreed with it because the officer in question provided advise on how to reduce the risk of attack. I agreed with his sentiment.

Rape? Its an important issue and shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as the bottle of beer debacle..

This is going the same way as someone who might object to mass immigration being called a racist. You're implying that because I think its silly to make an issue of a woman on a bottle then I must be in some way be against feminist views on rape. If you're implying that there's not enough convictions then that's another thread..

Therefore, I bid you good evening :D

Bid away.

You were the one who initially mentioned that feminists should be concerning themselves with important issues. And yet when I actually mention one of those important issues, suddenly it has no place on this thread! There's a surprise.

I'm not implying anything. I know that you're against feminists' views on rape because of the slutwalk thread. The vast majority of feminists will argue that clothing and appearance has nothing to do with rape, a view that's backed up with evidence-based research.

And if you'd confined your contributions to saying that Kate Green was a bit silly, I'd probably have not even bothered getting involved. But yet again it's that feminists are insane, feminists are unattractive, feminists are stupid and don't live in the real world and are undermining themselves and need to men to sort it all out for them...

Archived