Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

Bid away.

You were the one who initially mentioned that feminists should be concerning themselves with important issues. And yet when I actually mention one of those important issues, suddenly it has no place on this thread! There's a surprise.

I'm not implying anything. I know that you're against feminists' views on rape because of the slutwalk thread. The vast majority of feminists will argue that clothing and appearance has nothing to do with rape, a view that's backed up with evidence-based research.

And if you'd confined your contributions to saying that Kate Green was a bit silly, I'd probably have not even bothered getting involved. But yet again it's that feminists are insane, feminists are unattractive, feminists are stupid and don't live in the real world and are undermining themselves and need to men to sort it all out for them...

I've spoken out in favour of feminists on the Sharia Law thread and the way Muslim women are treated.

Can I ask you why you haven't posted one thing on that thread when its a real issue, one which takes some courage and is as important an issue as possible, for the feminist cause?

These are the real issues feminists should be actively seeking to tackle. Not ridiculous minor none entities like a bottle of beer.

Can I ask you again why you have not been involved in that debate?

I've spoken out in favour of feminists on the Sharia Law thread and the way Muslim women are treated.

Can I ask you why you haven't posted one thing on that thread when its a real issue, one which takes some courage and is as important an issue as possible, for the feminist cause?

These are the real issues feminists should be actively seeking to tackle. Not ridiculous minor none entities like a bottle of beer.

Can I ask you again why you have not been involved in that debate?

Of course. I'm really, painfully ignorant about Islam, so I choose not to get involved on the grounds that I don't know what I'm talking about.

And from what I've seen of the threads on Islam on here, they're even more likely to descend into frothing madness than the ones I do choose to get involved with.

It goes without saying that I'm against female circumcision, 'honour' killings and restrictions of women's rights wherever they happen to take place in the world and under whatever religious or cultural umbrellas, doesn't it?

Of course. I'm really, painfully ignorant about Islam, so I choose not to get involved on the grounds that I don't know what I'm talking about.

And from what I've seen of the threads on Islam on here, they're even more likely to descend into frothing madness than the ones I do choose to get involved with.

It goes without saying that I'm against female circumcision, 'honour' killings and restrictions of women's rights wherever they happen to take place in the world and under whatever religious or cultural umbrellas, doesn't it?

Mmmm. Why are you telling me. Shouldn't you be supporting some of the others on there who are taking a battering.

I don't believe you're ignorant to what's happening. I'm a bigger feminist than you then when it comes to the important isses. Don't worry I'll fight your corner for you..

Mmmm. Why are you telling me. Shouldn't you be supporting some of the others on there who are taking a battering.

I don't believe you're ignorant to what's happening. I'm a bigger feminist than you then when it comes to the important isses. Don't worry I'll fight your corner for you..

I am ignorant about Islam, is what I said. I haven't read the Koran, I don't know anything at all about Sharia law.

And don't underestimate my second point. I have limited tolerance for the stupidity that passes for debate on here, and Islam brings out the very worst in this forum.

As for you being a bigger feminist than me on the important issues - great! Now if you could just work on your habit of being perpetually foul about feminism on the smaller issues, we'll never have to argue again.

I am ignorant about Islam, is what I said. I haven't read the Koran, I don't know anything at all about Sharia law.

And don't underestimate my second point. I have limited tolerance for the stupidity that passes for debate on here, and Islam brings out the very worst in this forum.

As for you being a bigger feminist than me on the important issues - great! Now if you could just work on your habit of being perpetually foul about feminism on the smaller issues, we'll never have to argue again.

Ok I'll ignore them in future...:D

You'd have a real breakdown if a Muslim said "if women didn't want to be raped then they shouldn't dress like sluts".

:)

No I wouldn't...And why are you seperating Muslims from other men, do you think they have a different perception of women? Naughty, and a tad racist..:D

Archived