Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

Why so we have to be labelled anything? Why can't we just be women, rather than categorised into some taxonomy of shaggability?:roll:

As for the image, it is inappropriate, particularly given its setting. A half naked woman with some bunny rabbit ears, hmmm, what does that remind me of?:huh:

ETA: why do you assume that the majority of women would enjoy being labelled as 'top totty'. Having been on the receiving end of comments such as these as well as the opposite (the latter predominantly the moronic default online response to me challenging sexism), I find them both equally as offensive and dehumanising.

OK we will agree to differ.....most of your sisters seem to agree with me as re the poll results.

Why so we have to be labelled anything? Why can't we just be women, rather than categorised into some taxonomy of shaggability?:roll:

As for the image, it is inappropriate, particularly given its setting. A half naked woman with some bunny rabbit ears, hmmm, what does that remind me of?:huh:

ETA: why do you assume that the majority of women would enjoy being labelled as 'top totty'. Having been on the receiving end of comments such as these as well as the opposite (the latter predominantly the moronic default online response to me challenging sexism), I find them both equally as offensive and dehumanising.

The most famous and successful women in the UK today, such as Katie Price, Kelly Brook or Kate Winslet have used their looks and sex appeal to get on in life and make their fortunes. Had they looked like Clare Short or Jessica23, they'd probably be single parents on the dole living in council flats.

Women can't have it both ways, on the one hand using looks and sex appeal to get on in life then whinging when they get portrayed as sex objects.

The most famous and successful women in the UK today, such as Katie Price, Kelly Brook or Kate Winslet have used their looks and sex appeal to get on in life and make their fortunes. Had they looked like Clare Short or Jessica23, they'd probably be single parents on the dole living in council flats.

Women can't have it both ways, on the one hand using looks and sex appeal to get on in life then whinging when they get portrayed as sex objects.

What a pile of tosh. You don't often see the same women promoting Price then objecting to the objectification of women, so that is a flawed argument.

As for the rest of it, I don't even know where to begin, expect that you have proved Jessica's point by now making a whole bunch of negative assumptions about her.:roll:

What a pile of tosh. You don't often see the same women promoting Price then objecting to the objectification of women, so that is a flawed argument.

As for the rest of it, I don't even know where to begin, expect that you have proved Jessica's point by now making a whole bunch of negative assumptions about her.:roll:

I hope they keep coming. That hole won't dig itself.

The most famous and successful women in the UK today, such as Katie Price, Kelly Brook or Kate Winslet have used their looks and sex appeal to get on in life and make their fortunes. (snip) Women can't have it both ways, on the one hand using looks and sex appeal to get on in life then whinging when they get portrayed as sex objects.
You're being a little selective in your choice of example. Did you just throw the actress Kate Winslet in at the end in a vain attempt to bolster the credibility of your choices?

When have Katie Price and Kelly Brook ever whinged about being portrayed as a 'sex object'? But you can't extrapolate from women who choose that career path and extend it to every other woman. False reasoning, sorry.

No surprises there, there's a lot of anti-feminist sentiment on here from women and men. None of the women I know in real life agree with your stance.

Whoa its not a stance, to be honest I dont care one way or another,Im just adding my two pennorth,show me its wrong and explain why and I may have second thoughts but it seems as though even in your own sex you are in the minority.If you cant persuade the females of the forum its wrong what chance do you have with a man

Archived