Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

sex sells, lingerie was just the most obvious one, where is your line though? What about ads for singles nights, what about bars?

My problem is that this woman and people like you are doing and saying things effectively in my name that I totally and completely disagree with. It angers me, and when you take into account that you do seem to be in the minority that makes it worse!

I'm not doing anything in your name any more than your lack of objection and consideration that it is such a trivial issue of no import, is in my name.

As for sex selling, I draw the line at when the product has nothing to do with sex or women looking sexy and even then, that would depend on the product and how it was produced, the setting, context etc. It's a whole new and different argument with a lot of variables.

[...] My problem is that this woman and people like you are doing and saying things effectively in my name that I totally and completely disagree with. It angers me, and when you take into account that you do seem to be in the minority that makes it worse!

I originally asked because I thought maybe I was in the monority along with all my friends.

Write to Kate Green and tell her, then.

I'm not doing anything in your name any more than your lack of objection and consideration that it is such a trivial issue of no import, is in my name.

As for sex selling, I draw the line at when the product has nothing to do with sex or women looking sexy and even then, that would depend on the product and how it was produced, the setting, context etc. It's a whole new and different argument with a lot of variables.

The feminist movement is in the name of all women so when you say something is sexist that reflects on all women. Its not like you are even accepting that I and the majority of people on this thread might be right.

The feminist movement is in the name of all women so when you say something is sexist that reflects on all women. Its not like you are even accepting that I and the majority of people on this thread might be right.

The feminist movement is not a homogenous one, there are dozens of different schools of thought therein, obviously not all feminists agree as you as self-declared 'bit of a feminist' and myself as a feminist do not agree on this or another issue for that matter.

Brilliant.

You're happy to waste plenty of time whinging about it on the internet, but you don't want to waste time writing to the MP who did the thing you don't like.

Well being as I wanted to know whether my opinion or hers was the minority one (I got the answer to that here) and bearing in mind that judging by the minority views on this thread the majority opinion is invalid, extrapolating that would lead me to believe that she would assume she was dealing with the unenlightened making it a pointless exercise don't you think?

Archived