Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

You called Kate Green a numpty on page 4 of this thread.

Searching for 'unenlightened' on this thread brings up three of your posts. No one else's.

If you find numpty offensive then I can quite understand why you are offended by a cartoon:hihi: Is there any less offensive name for someone than numpty?

Suffy must have edited a post!

If you find numpty offensive then I can quite understand why you are offended by a cartoon:hihi: Is there any less offensive name for someone than numpty?

Suffy must have edited a post!

I didn't say I was offended by numpty, and I haven't said I'm offended by the cartoon.

Calling Kate Green a numpty, though, is resorting to insults.

I didn't say I was offended by numpty, and I haven't said I'm offended by the cartoon.

Calling Kate Green a numpty, though, is resorting to insults.

It could be considered an extremely weak insult of a person not reading the thread although this is definitely nit picking and resorting to that undermines your arguments. Or what passes for them.

1) I am arguing on your level:)

Really? Insults again, I see.

2) I agree that everyone should be treated with respect and not leered at particularly at work, I believe most people can look at a cartoon of a woman without drooling and turning into a sexual predator. Give people some credit!

Well, at least we agree on something. However, I don't think that anyone is claiming that people would look at a cartoon of a woman, drool and become a sexual predator, where has anyone asserted this? That would be an incredibly facile argument and it's far more complex than that. What it does do is convey a subliminal message which is part of a wider hyper-sexualised culture, one in which women have to contend with low and high levels of harassment on a daily basis.

3) You seem to be disparaging me for not wanting to deal with drunken idiots during my working day-otherwise you would have had no reason to comment.

Au contraire, your post which referred to bar staff seemed to disparaging them, I merely pointed out that they are not the only people who work with drunks.

Really? Insults again, I see.

Well, at least we agree on something. However, I don't think that anyone is claiming that people would look at a cartoon of a woman, drool and become a sexual predator, where has anyone asserted this? That would be an incredibly facile argument and it's far more complex than that. What it does do is convey a subliminal message which is part of a wider hyper-sexualised culture, one in which women have to contend with low and high levels of harassment on a daily basis.

Au contraire, your post which referred to bar staff seemed to disparaging them, I merely pointed out that they are not the only people who work with drunks.

How am I insulting you? You put rolleyes after every comment for a while but don't like it when someone does it back to you.

Why did you feel the need to point that out? Clearly I was in no way disparaging bar staff. How did you take it that way?

It could be considered an extremely weak insult of a person not reading the thread although this is definitely nit picking and resorting to that undermines your arguments. Or what passes for them.

You called Kate Green a numpty. You called me ignorant. You've called 'radical feminists' rude and arrogant. You've implied that Suffy's mad by using the loopy smiley. And now you're responding to the fact that I've called you out on this by repeating me.

How am I insulting you? You put rolleyes after every comment for a while but don't like it when someone does it back to you.

Why did you feel the need to point that out? Clearly I was in no way disparaging bar staff. How did you take it that way?

The 'rolls eyes smilie' conveys exasperation, whereas the 'loopy' one conveys er, well 'loopy', which could be construed as insulting.

This post was ambiguous and I was not the only one who misunderstood your meaning:

love the kneejerk answer:hihi: but no thats not what I said. I would never work in a job where I have to deal with drunk people because they are idiots. My comment was nothing to do with the way drunks behave though.

Are we seriously at a stage on this forum now where reasoned debate in the face of insults and ridicule is getting presented as some kind of ganging up or bullying effort?

Conrod and cressida, either engage with the debate or not as you see fit. The meta-commentary isn't adding anything.

Archived