Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

Llamatron, you must be feeling rather bruised from the severe handbag battering you've had of late.

Are you going to join in with your manbag then?

One reason I don't join in as it's looking like two on to one all the time

How so? I just happen to disagree with the OP, as do one or two others. We're the ones on the receiving end of insults, if anything.

Are you going to join in with your manbag then?

How so? I just happen to disagree with the OP, as do one or two others. We're the ones on the receiving end of insults, if anything.

I disagree with the op too but I think you are both saying what I would say

You called Kate Green a numpty. You called me ignorant. You've called 'radical feminists' rude and arrogant. You've implied that Suffy's mad by using the loopy smiley. And now you're responding to the fact that I've called you out on this by repeating me.

I am basing the radical feminists point on the way you respond to the people that disagreed with you, are you denying that completely dismissing the majority view is ignorant and arrogant? I am not being insulting I am expressing my view of the way you have been commenting.

I was repeating your offensive comment

I disagree with the op too but I think you are both saying what I would say

I just went back over the thread and saw your earlier post on here.

I think that in conclusion, this thread proves the following:

Ridicule happens whenever feminists speak up about anything. It makes literally no difference whether it's about top totty beer or rape statistics.

Once people have decided that feminism isn't their thing, they pile on with the insults: we're crazed ('bunny boilers'), unattractive ('not Heidi Klum') and all the rest of it. Boring, predictable and the quickest way to demonstrate that the person dishing out the insults has probably not bothered to think about it in any depth.

and that the 'non-job' of Equalities Minister is still very much in need.

The 'rolls eyes smilie' conveys exasperation, whereas the 'loopy' one conveys er, well 'loopy', which could be construed as insulting.

This post was ambiguous and I was not the only one who misunderstood your meaning:

I think roll eyes is also insulting, you use it to convey that you think the view of the poster is stupid.

I just went back over the thread and saw your earlier post on here.

I think that in conclusion, this thread proves the following:

and that the 'non-job' of Equalities Minister is still very much in need.

and now we come to that age old problem with the definition of proof:roll:

I am basing the radical feminists point on the way you respond to the people that disagreed with you, are you denying that completely dismissing the majority view is ignorant and arrogant? I am not being insulting I am expressing my view of the way you have been commenting.

I was repeating your offensive comment

For a start, I'm not a radical feminist.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the majority view if it had been presented halfway reasonably - and it doesn't logically follow that because a view is the majority, it's correct.

And yes, you are being insulting.

Archived