Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

I'm just wondering does any bloke on here find David Beckham prancing around in his H&M new range of underwear offensive. Or the 'hunky' blokes in the mens perfume ads remotely offensive?

I bet none of the blokes do! Well, obviously I can only speak for myself, and I don't.

I'm guessing the ladies quite like them! So I just wonder why a beer pump clip is so utterly obhorent to them. It just puzzles me, that's all

If find most advertising offensive and it's the main reason I avoid TV and major newspapers and magazines.

Anything with Beckham in it offends me, too

I'm just wondering does any bloke on here find David Beckham prancing around in his H&M new range of underwear offensive. Or the 'hunky' blokes in the mens perfume ads remotely offensive?

I bet none of the blokes do! Well, obviously I can only speak for myself, and I don't.

I'm guessing the ladies quite like them! So I just wonder why a beer pump clip is so utterly obhorent to them. It just puzzles me, that's all

They've made feminism a great cause. It isn't, obviously - they've had equality insomuch as it's realistically available for many years, but they like to have their cake and eat it.

I don't recall women campaigning to have their retirement age raised to the same as men's, or to have female-only divisions of sport removed so they can compete - as equals - with men, or to give men equal rights to child custody. Those aren't the sort of equalities they seem to feel should be considered.

They want 'equality' when it suits them, and they jump on examples of 'sexism' because they've brainwashed themselves into thining they're all targets for sexual assault, and that any reminder to a man that a woman is a sexual creature will lead him to raping them, even if it means somehow ripping off their dungarees and ignoring the beard and hairy armpits.

Even better. Someone who could not defend themselves here.

Well done!

Oh come on, don't be pitiful. We're all allowed to pass comment on what people in the public eye do or say, thats the norm. Do you honestly think we should refrain from criticising politicians on the forum because they're not aware of our comments and therefore unable to respond? Really?

I would, anyone who objects to it is clearly searching for things to object to and/or mad.

Yes, in this or any age. It is to those who don't take little harmless things too seriously, at least.

I refer you back to broken windows theory. In summary:

If a single window in a building is broken the tendency is for vandals to break a few more as the building looks unkempt and uncared for, it attracts more vandalism. Similarly, if everyday sexism remains unchallenged, people will eventually start to see it as a licence for more and more sexism.

If find most advertising offensive and it's the main reason I avoid TV and major newspapers and magazines.

Anything with Beckham in it offends me, too

Much is explained. Your approach to the media is quite extreme then - hardly any surprise that you view such a trivial subject as this one the way you do.

I often wondered if the people who write in to Points Of View, or complain to the media standards authorities, are real. I guess they are. :rolleyes:

That point has already been addressed elsewhere. Advertising underwear is fine as it is all about context.

I refer you back to broken windows theory. In summary:

If a single window in a building is broken the tendency is for vandals to break a few more as the building looks unkempt and uncared for, it attracts more vandalism. Similarly, if everyday sexism remains unchallenged, people will eventually start to see it as a licence for more and more sexism.

Is 'sexism' really a problem that must be campaigned against?

How come some women use it to their advantage, some women are impervious to it, and some react to a vaguely 'sexist' comment or cartoon as though their children have been thrown under a bus?

Is 'sexism' really a problem that must be campaigned against?

Er, yes, what a silly question. :roll:

How come some women use it to their advantage, some women are impervious to it, and some react to a vaguely 'sexist' comment or cartoon as though their children have been thrown under a bus?

Because we're all different and some women (and men) are more politicised than others. In the same way that not everyone votes and for those who do, not all for the same political party.

Oh come on, don't be pitiful. We're all allowed to pass comment on what people in the public eye do or say, thats the norm. Do you honestly think we should refrain from criticising politicians on the forum because they're not aware of our comments and therefore unable to respond? Really?
No, but saying she needs to get laid is not criticising her, it is making you look like you have no argument.

Archived