Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

Yes you are, fundamentally so.

I'm going to leave the house now wearing only my socks, and then act suprised when the police stop me. "I'm not naked your honour, this is my outfit for the day." ;)

Yeah thats the same! Do you not think there is a slight difference there?

Bunnies are soft, and fluffy, and harmless. They are pets. This association can be seen as sexist because this draws an unfair distinction between men and women. It does this by exaggerating the idea that female sexuality is soft, fluffy and harmless - or passive and non-aggressive.

It's basically a caricature of a damaging stereotype about women. /

If you were asked to re-design the cartoon so that it portrayed female sexuality in a way that met your approval, would you describe what it might look like?

Bunnies are soft, and fluffy, and harmless. They are pets. This association can be seen as sexist because this draws an unfair distinction between men and women. It does this by exaggerating the idea that female sexuality is soft, fluffy and harmless - or passive and non-aggressive.

If you were asked to re-design the cartoon so that it portrayed female sexuality in a way that met your approval, would you describe what it might look like?

Lose the bunny ears and make the body shape a bit more realistic and that'd do for me. I'm all in favour of nakedness. When appropriate, of course.

You caught me pre-edit. I watered down my silly point to make it sensible. :D:D

That probably wouldn't be socially acceptable but its not nearly naked. I think depending on your pant type now you have put them on the police may not even be bothered!

I have just seen the byline on the tap advert and its actually quite funny!:D

Lose the bunny ears and make the body shape a bit more realistic and that'd do for me. I'm all in favour of nakedness. When appropriate, of course.

The body shape isn't that unrealistic, not very common but shes no barbie-she looks like a swimmer! Notice how they have cut off her ass, if you see the rest of the image she has a massive ass!

....:hihi:

Naked means 'wearing no clothes'. If wearing lots of clothes is 'fully clothed', then what is wearing the minimum amount of clothes?

It's nearly naked.

What a stupid debate. I'm not bothered.

no it isn't its not wearing many clothes, you have covered up all the rude bits

Archived