Any other women embarrassed by this?

are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar  

132 members have voted

1. 1. are you offended by cartoon of a woman in a bikini on a beer tap in mp bar

• I am a man and think its offensive
    • I am a woman and think its offensive
    • I am a man and this isn't offensive
    • I am a woman and this isn't offensive

I don't remember anyone giving ignorance as a reason for not having an opinion on Sharia Law. I remember giving ignorance as a reason for not getting into a debate about it on here. Although why I bother having these scruples when very few other people do is beyond me.

You need to give this a rest. You didn't deserve the first answer I gave you on this and you don't deserve this one. This isn't part of a debate, this is you getting personal for no reason other than your own entertainment and to no effect other than to make yourself look petty. Stop it.

That's very patronizing..If you're not happy discussing the matter its up to you not to contribute..

Why on earth would anyone want to come on here if not for entertainment? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean its not a real opinion..

No I won't stop it. While ever there are silly issues like this being seized on by people with starched underwear I reserve the right to comment...

My opinion is that women should be equal in every aspect of life but they shouldn't reserve the right to dictate what other people should find offensive or expect not to be ridiculed when they come on and try to defend daft issues and daft MP's who should really know better.

You're all damaging feminism, that's the crux of what I'm trying to get across, but you don't seem able to see the wood for the trees...

Yes that would be offensive. This is the point all rational people will see that as insulting. The same rational people see the cartoon on the pump as not offensive.
I would have thought that rational people would see how the pump clip could offend people.

I certainly can, but I'm personally not offended or embarrassed by it.

That's very patronizing..If you're not happy discussing the matter its up to you not to contribute..

Why on earth would anyone want to come on here if not for entertainment? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean its not a real opinion..

No I won't stop it. While ever there are silly issues like this being seized on by people with starched underwear I reserve the right to comment...

My opinion is that women should be equal in every aspect of life but they shouldn't reserve the right to dictate what other people should find offensive or expect not to be ridiculed when they come on and try to defend daft issues and daft MP's who should really know better.

You're all damaging feminism, that's the crux of what I'm trying to get across, but you don't seem able to see the wood for the trees...

In what way is ignoring low-level stereotyping of gender roles and sexuality good for feminism and/or equality?

Go ahead and comment then. But when your comments are so patently an attempt to wind me up and insult me, it's not adding anything of value to the discussion whatsoever.

Go ahead and comment then. But when your comments are so patently an attempt to wind me up and insult me, it's not adding anything of value to the discussion whatsoever.

Well I'm sorry if I have offended you. I don't know you personally, so am unsure of your personality...I, perhaps, wrongly, assume that all feminists are as tough as old boots, like Sufferegette1, :D

So, like you, I feel I've said enough on the subject, I bid you good day...:D

sorry - but there's a time and a place, and parliament isn't it

unfortunately, these things create an 'atmosphere'. encouraging drinkers to 'leer' isn't appropriate when the women available to leer at are colleagues

Strange how this feminist mp has no opinion on sharia, or any other real issue regarding actual oppression of women, honour murder, forced marriage, FGM. Etc etc.

Archived