Chris Huhne speeding charges/resignation etc

To be honest the phrase that sprung to mind involved the words storm and tea-cup. I wonder how many of the court - not to mention those holier than though types busy casting the first stone - have done exactly the same. It's hardly an uncommon practice.

To be honest the phrase that sprung to mind involved the words storm and tea-cup. I wonder how many of the court - not to mention those holier than though types busy casting the first stone - have done exactly the same. It's hardly an uncommon practice.

Perverting the course of justice is quite a rare offence.

This is one weird case - meant to be heard on 7th Jan but delayed and delayed . EastleighXpress online has some good comments . Saw something recently where Judge Sweeney tweeted that Huhne would get off , withdrawn an hour later ....strange ..

Could be wrong , but as I understand things , Vicky ( the greek) Pryce is now dating the upstanding Dennis Mac Shane ...

Sad thing about it all is that bitter private calls and texts have now come into the public domain , I just feel sorry that a family's affairs should have been made so public , surely that's not right when kids are involved , albeit teenage "kids" ?

I would imagine conviction for any offence would be a dent in a persons reputation.I did not realise that speeding went unrecorded,and presumed it was a crime-thanks for putting me right on that one.

How do you know why"he did not do the deed"?surely only CH knows the underlying motive-perhaps you are thinking of what you would do in the same position?

I was speculating on why he did do the deed (conspire to pervert the course of justice) and it's pretty obvious to me why he did it. He did it because:

a) he didn't want the points on his licence

b) he was certain sure he'd get away with it

And no, I wasn't thinking of what I'd do in the same position so please keep them sort of remarks to yourself.

I was speculating on why he did do the deed (conspire to pervert the course of justice) and it's pretty obvious to me why he did it. He did it because:

a) he didn't want the points on his licence

b) he was certain sure he'd get away with it

And no, I wasn't thinking of what I'd do in the same position so please keep them sort of remarks to yourself.

Did you note an earlier post which confirmed that a speeding offence can come to light in an enhanced CRB.

It may have been pretty obvious to you why he did it.I would pefer an insight into the persons thinking rather than speculation.

I did not mean to imply you would do this in such circumstances-how could I as I do not know you?I therefore apologise without reservation.

Actually I think the whole thing is really sad. He was a really personable politician and I liked him and his policies a lot. Keep people's private life and public life - separate. Does it make him a bad person that he drove too fast through a speed camera. No it's something normal people do you know!!!

Actually I think the whole thing is really sad. He was a really personable politician and I liked him and his policies a lot. Keep people's private life and public life - separate. Does it make him a bad person that he drove too fast through a speed camera. No it's something normal people do you know!!!

It's not the speeding that's causing him the problems..it's the lying..perverting the course of justice...

Jumpin Jehovah!

No, it's not such a bad thing, BUT it was such a bad thing to him that he decided to create a scenario where he wouldn't be implicated in the crime and then lie about it consistently when challenged-that IS a bad thing and the reason he's standing trial!

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 13:23 ----------

I may have missed others contributions, but does anyone else believe Ms Pryce has no chance running the 'marital coercion' defence?

I'd more readily believe Denis Thatcher managed to coerce Maggie into stockings and a babydoll at bedtime.

Archived