Chris Huhne speeding charges/resignation etc

It succeeded in the 2000 case of Ashley Fitton, who escaped a a drinking and driving offence after telling a court her irate husband had ordered her to get behind the wheel following a boozy meal at a restaurant.

She told the court she had refused repeatedly but had been scared of what her husband would have done if she had continued to refuse to drive. When stopped by the police she was three times over the limit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21447059

She was well aware that she was party to committing an offence by accepting the points.

She made the fact public after several years in the hope of harming her husband not because she wanted to adnit doing wrong and clearing her conscience.

Her actions in going to the press have backfired on her drastically but someone in her position should hsve been aware of the situation.

off to priz tomorrow - what a story, it's been like a greek tragedy, the hubris of the overambitious hero, the nemesis of his wronged lover, her revenge plot backfiring spectacularly - her lying, deceitful defence and a stretch in the scrubs for him, holloway for her (though I guess they'll be in open prison within a week).i've enjoyed every minute of it, have no sympathy at all and look forward to a decent stretch inside.

interesting to see who gets what, it was pryce who committed the actual crime and huhne pleaded guilty, so she should get the longer bird - let's see.

if it were down to me (his honour judge frankie) she'd swing and he'd be deported to australia, but I understand both sentences have now been abolished.

A lot of powerful women have a weak spot when it comes to manipulative men...

And vice versa, I think it's fair to point out.

---------- Post added 10-03-2013 at 11:37 ----------

I think it was marital coersion - based purely on what I perceive as his character, and hers. Ergo she should have been found not guilty.

She should not have been found guilty because you think it was marital coercion, based purely on your perceptions?

??

There's no ergo about it, there's no should.

Mind the is/ought gap.

And vice versa, I think it's fair to point out.

---------- Post added 10-03-2013 at 11:37 ----------

She should not have been found guilty because you think it was marital coercion, based purely on your perceptions?

??

There's no ergo about it, there's no should.

Mind the is/ought gap.

As I said before, simply my personal opinion.

Mind you, I bet Huhne has a harder time in prison than she does.

Mind you, I bet Huhne has a harder time in prison than she does.

I doubt it............. 4 months in a cushy open prison is what he will serve.

---------- Post added 11-03-2013 at 17:09 ----------

So they'll both serve 4 months in which they can write their memoirs for serialization on release.

Who says crime dosnt pay. :hihi:

Archived