Chris Huhne speeding charges/resignation etc

His wife was allegedly at a conference in London, he was driving home from Stansted airport. The CPS must be quite confident to charge him. I have not seen any details about the location or time of the offence but they must have worked out which way he would have been travelling and at what time, the same for her.

Be interesting to see how this pans out. Guilty, but proving it could be tricky.

They have both been charged. But nearly everyone on here seems to have jumped the gun on this.

First the court needs to prove his wife wasn't driving (which she claims she was)

Second the court needs to prove he was driving (Not neccessarily the case even if his wife wasn't)

Thirdly. The court would need to prove a conspiracy.

Please indulge me in a little pedantry

The 'prosecution' has to prove, not the court.

As an earlier post said. It's unlikely the CPS would be bothered, if they didn't have some pretty compelling evidence, especially someone in his position in government!

They only have to prove he was driving. That being the case then the conspiracy is obvious.

There's some statistic which I can't be bothered to find (I'm sure someone will) that says we're all on CCTV so many dozen times a day (or something like that), they only need one picture which shows him driving, or a few witnesses, and he's doomed.

But yes I agree, it does need to be proved!

Cynic! Yes, he'll lie low for a bit (like David Laws) and eventually crawl out from under a rock to carry on as normal.

In a few years he'll be made a Lord for 'Services to taking Backhanders from the Windmill Industry'.

and tax exiled

Archived