Chris Huhne speeding charges/resignation etc

.....And to allow another person to accept the burden of a criminal record to protect his own reputation indicates a high level of egocentricity.It stinks.

I'm not defending him but get your facts right. He didn't do the deed to protect his own reputation - just his driving licence.

And points on her driving licence doesn't give her a criminal record.

I'm not defending him but get your facts right. He didn't do the deed to protect his own reputation - just his driving licence.

And points on her driving licence doesn't give her a criminal record.

I think you will find they do, just that most people don't count speeding as such. It's still a criminal offence.

Crime of the century? me thinks no. Does he deserve to be totally destroyed by this? no.

The fact that he had a conflict with his son, is the thing that made him own up to his crime. What his wealth has to do with the issue I don't know. Some on this forum talk as if they have never broke a law, let he who is without sin cast the first. At the end of the day he is the victim buy his own hand and I respect him for pleading guilty. How many others ever own up to their crimes????????????????

The fact that he had a conflict with his son, is the thing that made him own up to his crime. .........

The "thing" that made him own up was the fact that the case was going to trial and he knew that the facts would be heard.

Prior to this, he was expecting that the case would be thrown out and never heard. Hence his belief that he would get away with his denial.

Respect for coming clean? No chance. He is still trying to save his scrawny little backside.

Crime of the century? me thinks no. Does he deserve to be totally destroyed by this? no.

The fact that he had a conflict with his son, is the thing that made him own up to his crime. What his wealth has to do with the issue I don't know. Some on this forum talk as if they have never broke a law, let he who is without sin cast the first. At the end of the day he is the victim buy his own hand and I respect him for pleading guilty. How many others ever own up to their crimes????????????????

He only pleaded guilty when he knew the game was up and that the case would go to a trial that he is reported as spending over £500,000 to get thrown out.

If he'd done the right thing 10 years ago when he committed the crime he wouldn't be in the position now of having lost his political career, his credibility, his dignity, his relationship with one of his sons and potentially his freedom for a while.

Spot on. And the whole plead not guilty till the last minute thing is normally the preserve of the feral that buy a few months of freedom with it.

Can you give any other examples to confirm this generalised comment?What exactly is a feral-do you mean federal?

Archived